• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 2018 Enterprise

Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created coldfusion applications in coldfusion developer version but when I moved the applications in Coldfusion 2018 Enterprise server, the applications don't work. Do I need to configure the Coldfusion 2018 Enterprise server?  If so,what do I need to do. I need your help.

Error message:

An error occurred while executing the application. Please try again or contact the administrator.

TOPICS
Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 03, 2020 Mar 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest that you start by opening the CF Admin screens for both servers, side by side, and setting things up on your Enterprise server like they are on your dev server.  Re-test after that and, if you still see issues on the Enterprise server, move on to checking your web server settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 04, 2020 Mar 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

marlenkhoo, besides the helpful advice from altascene, I will note that what you are seeing (with that error message, and the "blue ball" icon you don't mention) is the error that CF shows you (from CF10 and above) if one has turned on the "secure profile" feature of CF. That enables about 20 settings in the the CF Admin to be "more secure" than the defaults.

In particular, this "blue ball" (and that error msg you see) is controlled in the CF Admin "settings" page and its "site wide error handler". The Secure Profile sets the value for that field to a CF template that comes with CF, if there is not one put there already by the user (or as may be imported, if the admin import feature is run).

While you could remove it (remove that file and its path) from the CF Admin setting, you should not. That would start causing CF errors to appear on-screen, which is the very security vulnerability that Adobe is avoiding by putting in at least SOME file in that setting.

Instead, note that this Adobe-provided error handler DOES write the "real" error that you got to the CF logs, so check out the cfusion/logs folder in your CF directory, and see the applicaiton.log. If you run your request getting the error, the "real" error message should appear at the bottom of that log. (The application.log values are also duplicated into the coldfusion-out.log, so you will find it there also).

As for what you may find the error to be, it could of course be anything. But once you see it, you may readily recognize how to solve it. Or share it here and we can help. As Altascene indicated, it may simply be that your local dev environment had some CF admin setting that is NOT in place on the prod server. Again, it could be anything (a datasource name, a mapping, and so on). Or there error may have nothing to do with admin settings.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Charlie. I appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to hear, but do you mean you did find the error (in the log), and were able to resolve it?

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My guess is that the search for the cause of the error will be simple. As Charlie says, check your log files.

Oh, and could you please share what you find in the logs? The more details the better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation