• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 2018 installer doesn't detect previous version (11)

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2019 Jun 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When running the CF 2018 installer, it does not detect that I have CF11 already installed. I have a Windows 2016 server with CF11/IIS installed on the D: drive. The installer doesn't give me the option to configure my web server for 2018

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

That option is no longer available in CF2018 installation anymore. You have to manually remove CF11 connector with IIS and then create the connector with CF2018.

For migration, you can create the CAR package and import the same in CF2018.

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The install also did not provide the step to configure the webservers. The config tool for CF 2018 only shows the Tomcat server not IIS. How do I get the connection to IIS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's what Priyank was referring to. See the cf web server configuration tool, aka wsconfig. It's documented, easily found via a Google search.

If you get stumped and need more directed help, I can offer it via remote consulting, which should take more than 15 mins.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2019 Jun 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. My confusion stemmed from looking at the wsconfig for 2018 before I removed the connector for CF 11. At that point, the IIS web server wasn't available in the dropdown. After I removed the CF 11 connector, I was able to create the 2018 connector to IIS. My install is now complete!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation