• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

COLDFUSION (2018 RELEASE) UPDATE 12 breaks spreadsheetAddRows

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Started receiving errors on issuing a spreadsheetAddRows in production code using a CF2018 standard server after applying update 12.

Production code was working as intended until update was applied.  After Update 12 was uninstalled, the code is once again working as before.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Are you sure? When I run the first code example from the SpreadsheetAddRows documentation, I get addrows.xlsx as expected 

Could you please share your code?

In any case, have you installed the query-of-query hotfix mentioned in a previous thread? I have.

To get the hotfix, contact cfsup@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

I applied the hot fix below and reinstalled update 12.

By @pcesana

Just in case it matters, I would do it as follows:

• install update 12 first, then apply the hot fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Oh, great catch, BKBK. I had not noticed that pcesana had said they "applied the hot fix below and reinstalled update 12". (I had just woken when I saw and responded.)

So yes, absolutely: that special hotfix was an UPDATE TO THE UPDATE 12. If you "applied" that  "hot fix below"  (by putting that special hotfix jar into the lib/updates of CF), and then  you "reinstalled update 12", that was NOT NECESSARY. Worse, installing update 12 would have removed ANY special hotfix jar you would have put i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure? When I run the first code example from the SpreadsheetAddRows documentation, I get addrows.xlsx as expected 

Could you please share your code?

In any case, have you installed the query-of-query hotfix mentioned in a previous thread? I have.

To get the hotfix, contact cfsup@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @pcesana ,

As @BKBK mentioned, if you have the repro code, please log a bug in tracker so we can take a look.

https://tracker.adobe.com/ 

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks BKBK,

I indeed use a query of query as a data parameter to spreadsheetAddRows...

I requested the hot fix as you suggested.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did the hotfix solve things for you?

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it has not.

The issue continues to occur.

Reverted back to update 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, but while that's the best short-term reaction for you, the better long-term response would be to create a short, stand-alone test csse that demonstrates the problem. That way, any of us here could confirm if we get the problem.

If we cannot, then there's something environmental to your problem, and we could perhaps help you find that cause. If we can reproduce your problem, that standalone test csse could then be share by you in opening a new bug report at tracker.adobe.com.

Are you willing and able to spend some time to offer that test case? I realize you may "have already spent too much time on this", but if the fix in u12 doesn't address your issue, Adobe may not be able to resolve the problem until they know what is keeping it from working for you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie,

created a new bug report CF-4212421 using the actual query of query and the spreadsheetAddRows error.

I will create standalone code and will test under update 12 as soon as I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @pcesana

Just in case it matters, I would do it as follows:

• install update 12 first, then apply the hot fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, great catch, BKBK. I had not noticed that pcesana had said they "applied the hot fix below and reinstalled update 12". (I had just woken when I saw and responded.)

So yes, absolutely: that special hotfix was an UPDATE TO THE UPDATE 12. If you "applied" that  "hot fix below"  (by putting that special hotfix jar into the lib/updates of CF), and then  you "reinstalled update 12", that was NOT NECESSARY. Worse, installing update 12 would have removed ANY special hotfix jar you would have put in that lib/updates.

This is how all CF updates work: they remove ANY jars in that lib/updates...which will help you when in the future you may apply update 13, which would not included that fix, and Adobe would not want to leave that "special fix" in there.

So can you confirm for us, pcesana, if you NOW just drop in that special hotfix jar (alongside the chf jar for update 12), and then RESTART CF (that's key also, and perhaps you missed that last time), does your problem remain? It should not...again unless there still remains some OTHER bug. (Either way, you may want to update the big you filed to clarify which situation it was.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood,

I will remove hot fix from updates folder, apply update 12 , copy in hot fix and restart….

Currently in the updates folder I have the jar for update 11 AND the hotfix.

Many thanks for all your support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so I just found this post and we have found the same issues with QoQs.  I have posted the bug here:

https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/CF-4212424

I have found that sending any QoQ that uses an ORDER BY clause to CFSpreadsheet or the function: queryGetRow() will cause an 'out of bounds' error.  If you take the ORDER BY clause out of the QoQ the operation will work.

No, I haven't tried the hotfix yet as I've just now found these threads on the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As suggested, hot fix was applied after update 12.

It's all working as intented now.

Thanks, Paolo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I, too, confirm the hotfix seems to have fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation