Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 2021 Docker container runas non-root user

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Running the ColdFusion 2021 or 2018 Docker containers only seem to work as root.

Could this be verified? Anyone else having the same issue?

Using the out of box cfuser account fails - Docker logs:

"Updating webroot to /app
cp: cannot create regular file '/app/crossdomain.xml': Permission denied"

And:

"You must be root to start ColdFusion."

Stripped down Dockerfile I'm using:

FROM adobecoldfusion/coldfusion2021:latest
USER root
COPY /src /app
EXPOSE 8500
USER cfuser

I've also tried creating a group and user account with permissions on /app as specified in the 2021 lockdown guide - no dice

Wondering if there's an issue with the start-coldfusion.sh file maybe? Any help appreciated

Cheers,

Matt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are running it via commandbox but same thing here. Ours runs but throws errors because the non root user is unable to read/write to stdout and stderr. We don't get any logs as a result. Only bashing into the container and checking can we see. Tried a variety of guidance and none work so far. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that's not good news. I noticed someone with a similar error from back in 2014, no solution found then? (cold fusion 10 root access to start stop - Adobe Support Community - 6241609).

Given that 2018 and 2021 versions have come out since, both with cfuser set up to run as non-root in Linux, for both Docker container and on-premises Linux (according to 2021 Lockdown guide), it should work.

I'm asking our licensing person if there's a way we can log a ticket to get this looked at. Also getting our Linux SME to take a look. Will post any news here. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Matt, 

There is a bug logged for this - https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/CF-4208722

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I have posted on the bug page to ask if there was a fix as the bug is marked as withdrawn - the issue is not resolved as far as I can tell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Matt, that bug is not yet fixed. We have already opened an internal bug long before this one logged. 

I will check if I can make the other bug public so you can track it from there. 

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation