• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 2021 MSSQL SSL socket connection error

Explorer ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting this issue on Coldfusion 2021.

JDK 12.0.2 is used.

Azure MSSQL Server is used.

Error Executing Database Query.
[Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver]An SSL socket connection could not be established because JRE 1.4 or above is required.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Thanks,
Souvik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why use JDK 12 on ColdFusion? That may or may not be relevant to the SSL socket issue. However, the recommended version to use is JDK 11, the latest version of which you can download from the ColdFusion Downloads page.

Someone else reported the same SSL socket issue in this very forum. And they found a solution! 

It may be worth your while to follow the recommendations in the thread: https://community.adobe.com/t5/coldfusion-discussions/coldfusion-2021-data-source-an-ssl-socket-conn... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked the thread.
My Connection String is EncryptionMethod=SSL;MultipleActiveResultSets=False;Encrypt=True;TrustServerCertificate=False;hostNameInCertificate=*.database.windows.net;Connection Timeout=30;

Do I need to import certificate?

Thanks,
Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Souvik,

Could you please try the below connection string?

EncryptionMethod=SSL;CryptoProtocolVersion=TLSv1.2;ValidateServerCertificate=false

If you continue to encounter the error, please get in touch with us at cf.install@adobe.com.

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Vikram,

I only added ValidateServerCertificate=false with my existing connection string and it worked.

Is it safe to disable validation?

Thanks,
Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation