• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 2021 silent install zip file

Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple question. Where can one locate the zip file for the silent install of ColdFusion 2021? I see the EXE on the Downloads page, but am unable to find the zip package. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, let me clarify first that the silent install capability is offered with EITHER the zip install approach (which is new to CF2021) or the traditional "full install" files (such as with that exe, on Windows) which have always existed.

Second, you're right that that downloads page offers full installers (exe for Windows, .bin for Linux, etc.) and does NOT offer the zip files. While it's new that those full installers are offered there (they are "refreshed" installers including update 5, as I discuss in a blog post), it's NOT  really new that the page doesn't offer the zips.

To be clear, normally one can get the zip or full installer from the page where you obtain a "trial" of CF (the same files work whether one is running a trial, or will put in a license key, or will use the free Developer edition). As you'll see there, you do need to fill out the form (and login, if you have not logged in before), and then at the bottom of the form is a select control where you would choose to get the zip (or full) install file.

Finally, if you'd not yet found it, note that the docs discuss using the silent install with the zip approach (and the cfinstall.bat or sh) one would need to run after extracting the zip.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation