• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 7 - 8 Upgrade

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2008 Jan 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently purchased Coldfusion 8 Licenses and we would like to upgrade our servers to version 8 from version 7. Is there any documentation on this? I have searched Adobe and google and have not found anything useful.

Thanks,
Kyle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2008 Jan 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded from ver 7 to ver 8 without any problem. Installed CF8 on the same server, leaving CF7MX as is. All settings were transferred OK. This includes datasources, mappings, settings, scheduled jobs, tags, C++ registrations, etc. Everything. Very smooth.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2008 Jan 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KMachStang wrote:
> We recently purchased Coldfusion 8 Licenses and we would like to upgrade our
> servers to version 8 from version 7. Is there any documentation on this? I have
> searched Adobe and google and have not found anything useful.

normal advice applies:
- run the cf8 code analyzer against your cf7 on the off-chance it picks up
something (mainly used for the 5-->6 upgrade but you never know)
- setup a test server w/cf8 & test your cf7 code on it
- pour over the release notes to see if anything affects your code:
http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/coldfusion/8/releasenotes.pdf

that said, we've been through countless cf upgrades (on windows) & never really
had a major problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 12, 2008 Jan 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometime I wonder if people who ask this question about upgrades don't have a development server to test things on? That's the whole point of dev servers. If all you have is a prod box then you are playing russian roulet when you go to upgrade. All that being said, I agree with the posts above that going from CF7 to CF8 is easy and you are very unlikely to run into problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2008 Feb 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good point DC. though I think the question is still valid. Paul has a good list of things to start with, also it would be cool to hear some other experiences with upgrades.

I am looking for any documentation for the multiserver version upgrade from 7-8 on solaris 10 with Apache2.2.8 if anyone has any information.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation