• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion Builder Extension for Visual Studio Code Formatting?

Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I installed ColdFusion Builder Extension for Visual Studio Code. I also have the Prettier extension installed to handle formatting.  I got a notification in VSCode saying something like "Prettier is unable to format ColdFusion files (CFML), please pick a different default formatter".  The option presented was to use "Adobe ColdFusion Builder", so I selected it.  Now when I view and save .cfm files it formats the files automatically.

The issue is that I don't like how it formats the files.  Can this be adjusted?  

Besides the fact that I don't like the way it does or does not indent JavaScript on the page, the biggest issue is it forces a hard line break at around a 100 characters that is notably moving some of my single line javascript comments to the next line resuling in uncommented text.

Example:

//Imagine comment longer than 100 characters...end of comment.

When I save it changed it to:

//Imagine comment longer than 100 characters...
end of comment.

Anyway, that is just to illustrate why I want to change it.  How do I change how CF Bulder Extension formats a page -especially where it is inserting hard line breaks?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2023 Jan 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry about all the typos, lol.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation