Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion Built-in/External Web server

New Here ,
May 24, 2018 May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Team,

Recently I am going to deploy CFM applications with Adobe Coldfusion 2016.

I want to install Adobe Coldfusion on a different server and I have two web servers and one of which is built in on which Adobe ColdFusion 2016 is installed and another web server on different VM. Both the web servers are running on IIS.

My Question:-

Can we use Adobe Coldfusion 2016 installation on one server and configure the websites which are hosted on the built-in web server and another web server?

Do provide me with the solutions that If we can do that then what we need to do and if we don't then what are the best options we can accommodate.

Thanks

Virender

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Virender,

Are you planning to configure ColdFusion on one server and host application on another web server (IIS), if this is what you are looking for then yes, it can be achieved using ColdFusion.

It is called distributed environment with ColdFusion. Please confirm the above.

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Priyank,

Thanks for getting on this.

Yes, we want to configure the ColdFusion on one server and host application on another webserver, But at the same time, we want to configure one more web server which is running on same VM on which Adobe ColdFusion is installed.

Is above scenario work?

Thanks

Virender

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite Priyank's answer above, I don't think that what you want to do is possible. You will need to install at least one component of ColdFusion on each of the additional servers. This component is called the ColdFusion connector, and it is the part that is responsible for receiving requests from IIS and sending them to an out-of-process ColdFusion server. It may be possible to use the generic Tomcat connector, but you will have to install that still.

It might be useful for you to describe what you're trying to accomplish, exactly.

Here's a potentially useful link about distributed mode:

https://www.coldfusionmuse.com/index.cfm/2014/10/20/cf10.distributed.mode

Dave Watts, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Dave+Watts  wrote

It might be useful for you to describe what you're trying to accomplish, exactly.

I think what OP wants is one VM running ColdFusion and the built-in webserver, and then another VM running IIS to be able to display CF content from the first VM.

Is it possible to install two connectors on one instance of CF?

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2018 May 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The installation process won't do this for you. It may be possible to do it manually, by fiddling around with the connector configuration files and the CF configuration files on the other end. The connector talks to the CF server via TCP/IP, so the CF server has to have a designated listening port that the connector can talk to. But this all seems like a lot of work that doesn't provide much value - and will be very difficult to keep up to date when new connector patches come out.

So going back to the original question: why does the OP want to run two servers, and have CF running on one but servicing both? Would they be different sites or CF instances? What outcome does the OP want? I find that a lot of times, technical issues can best be resolved by someone explaining what they want to me as if I were a ten-year-old, rather than asking a fairly complicated technical question right off the bat.

Dave Watts, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Dave Watts for getting on this.

Let me explain what I am trying to accomplish.

We have approximately 500 virtual hosts which are configured and served by Adobe Coldfusion and out of which there is one virtual host (the main application) having lots of traffic. So my scenario is that I want to run that particular Virtual host having high traffic from different VM to resolve performance issues and remaining Virtual Hosts from a different server. This is what I am trying to accomplish.

So the only question arises in my mind that I need to run two Adobe ColdFusion application server running in each of the VM. I don't want to mess up with Adobe ColdFusion connector. All I know that there is no standard way to accomplish this type of scenario by using only one instance of Adobe ColdFusion.

Thanks

Virender Rana

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2018 May 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Virender,

As per your requirement, if you are running ColdFusion enterprise. You can create few instances and run a cluster of 2 instances with your high traffic VH and further you can create another cluster where you can run rest of the VH.

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation