Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion Enterprise license transfer from one server to another

New Here ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

We have coldfusion enterprise license running in one server. We are planning to migrate to another server. But during the transition time we want to run coldfusion in both servers and shutdown the old one as soon as new server is stable. Please confirm whether this is fine to use same license in both servers for some period (~30 days). 

Let us know. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is, as long as only one is currently being used as a production server, you should be fine. Note that I am not a lawyer, that's just my understanding of the license.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2020 May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the total number of CPU cores of both servers less than 9? If so, then you may use the same license in whichever way you want on both servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BKBK, I'm curious why you would assert it's ok to use one license in a production capacity on 2 servers? I realize you're trying to help, like we all are. 

Really, Karthik, all you can get here is opinions. You should read the EULA (in a file in the root of the cf folder), or ask Adobe directly for licensing questions, if you want to be sure. Try cfinstal@adobe.com.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Charlie. I stand corrected. I indeed seem to imply you may operate two production installations simultaneously with one license. That isn't so. You can only operate one production installation at a time with one license. The second server may only be used as a development server.

karthikeyanpal, then again, Adobe may decide to be understanding and accommodate your special requirements as an exception. As Charlie says, it might help to contact Adobe. Or a member of Team Adobe might want to chime in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi karthikeyanpal,

An afterthought for you: D:\Coldfusion2018\license.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation