• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion gives a 401 when using Windows Authentication

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Windows 2012R2 server running CF 11.  ColdFusion is running as a local service account, and is working properly for all other applications on this web server.

I am migrating an old app over from ColdFusion 8 that requires Windows Authentication.  When using Anonymous access, the users can access the app and it works properly.  When I turn on Windows Authentication, users are getting a 401 error.  Event Viewer shows a successful logon (4624).  If they access "file.cfm", they get a 401 error.  If they access "file.txt", they get the contents of the file successfully.  Authentication is successful, apparently, and both files have the same permissions. 

When the user is made a local Administrator, he is able to access the file.  Taking away Administrator privileges, we get the 401.  I tried giving that user full control over webroot, over CF.root, over everything I could think of, but no luck. 

I tried using ProcMon to point me somewhere, but must not know it well enough to get anything I can use here.  No Access Denied.  What else can I do? Any ideas?

Thanks...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

It just started working.  Not sure what happened, possibly a system restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It just started working.  Not sure what happened, possibly a system restart.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation