• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion MX Administrator unreachable

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2006 Apr 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Trial ColdFusion Enterprise MX 7.0.1 multiserver on my machine : Windows 2000 Pro + IIS 5.0 + java 1.4.2_04
Impossible to load the ColdFusion MX Administrator page http://127.0.0.1/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm.
I have checked the install logs, all seems to be OK, no error.
Could you help me?
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2006 Apr 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And when you click on this link?

http://127.0.0.1:8500/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2006 Apr 18, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed ColdFusionMX (6.0) and am having this same trouble. When I used to use CF2.0 - 5.5, I never had this problem. It's currently installed with the CF standalone server. I've opened the port 8500 on the firewall and still am getting errors even when put in:
http://71.154.60.244:8500/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm
Any ideas would be helpful and greatly appreciated.
-Belinda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i click on this link :

Impossible to reach the server, impossible to load the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are Coldfusion and IIS both running (Control Panel => Administrative Tools => Services)? If so, did you use the Web Server Connector Tool to connect IIS to Coldfusion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are running:
- IIS
- Macromedia JRun Admin Server
- Macromedia CFusion Server

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i launch the Web server connector tool i can read
[ localhost:cfusion ] Internet Information Server (IIS) : Tout

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something might have gone wrong during the configuration of the IIS connector. My advice is to disconnect IIS. That would make Coldfusion use its in-built webserver by default. When you get things running, you can then attempt to connect IIS again later.

To disconnect IIS, launch the Web Server Connector Tool. Click on the IIS server to select it, and then on the Remove button. Go to Control Panel => Administrative Tools => Services and restart the Coldfusion MX7 Server service.

Coldfusion should now run with its in-built server. Run in your browser,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, my installation is multiserver.
I have not ColdFusion MX 7 service.
There is no CFMX folder onto my hard disk.
Is it correct for a multi server configuration or have i to re-install the product (i did that twice)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2006 Apr 19, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've uninstalled Trial ColdFusion Enterprise MX 7.01 multiserver.
I've just installed Trial ColdFusion Enterprise MX 7.01 builtin server and i cannot load the page http://127.0.0.1/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm

There is a folder CFusionMX onto my hard disk
When i launch the Web Server Connector Tool : [ localhost:cfusion ] Internet Information Server (IIS) : Tout
No cfdocs folder in wwwroot
There is no ISAPI filter installed but it seems that is not necessary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
if CFdocs is not in the webroot folder under c:\CFusionMX7 (assuming default install), you selected IIS during install, therefore your CFdocs is in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
No CFdocs in c:\CFusionMX and no CFDocs in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot

But the biggest problem is that i cannot load the page http://127.0.0.1/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

should be 18 folders and 6 files under your CFusion directory around 327mb
Have you tried http://localhost/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm ? or add :8500 after local host http://localhost:8500/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try this - its probable you dont have the CFDocs to restore, however read this below
its from http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/knowledgebase/index.cfm?id=b41d02c5

Uninstalling Macromedia ColdFusion MX 6.1 after migrating to ColdFusion MX 7 removes the CFIDE and cfdocs folders. This problem exists primarily on Windows machines and when ColdFusion MX is configured to run with an external web server.

Reason
The ColdFusion MX 7 CFIDE and cfdocs folders replace the ColdFusion MX 6.1 folders during the migration process. However, you are still able to uninstall ColdFusion MX 6.1 using the uninstall program. When you run the uninstall program for ColdFusion MX 6.1, the CFIDE and cfdocs folders are removed and therefore, you are unable to run ColdFusion MX 7 afterwards.

Solution
Use the steps below to avoid this problem:

Start the ColdFusion MX 7 installation with ColdFusion MX 6.1 running, so that the migration will occur. Make sure you allow to configure with an external web server.
Complete the ColdFusion MX 7 installation and copy any items that didn't migrate.
Make a copy of the CFIDE and cfdocs folders.
Uninstall ColdFusion MX 6.1.
Restart the ColdFusion Application Server service.
Copy the CFIDE and cfdocs folders back to the root directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

18 folders and 6 files under CFusionMX7 directory : OK
323 mb
Yes i have tried these 2 urls and the result is the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before to install ColdFusion MX 7 i have uninstalled ColdFusion MX 6.1
For the docs, i have downloaded PDF from macromedia site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is it working now, didn't understand your last post - sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it is not working
My last post was just to explain that CFMX 7.0.1 was not installed onto CFMX 6.1
That is a fresh install

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK can you re-install ? its a pain but lets start from the top once more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

where are you located ? I could call you if you wish. Email me at shanex.howard@intel.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
seems the fix for dgiet problem was his zone alarm program. You should always temporarily switch of firewalls whilst installing CF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation