• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion reporting

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for some sort of integration (maybe third party) that allows for building out JS/HTML dashboards using Coldfusion.

Leadership has asked that I create dashboards with graphical interface, such as pie charts, etc. 

These dashboards need to be acceessible via the CF web application that warehouses our client data. Ideally, the dashboards will also feature links wherein users can drill into more detail if desired.

The CF web app uses Azure SQL db and runs on Windows.   

TOPICS
Reporting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CF generates HTML and text. That text can include whatever you want, including JavaScript and CSS. So, you can fetch data using CF and interact with that data using JS frameworks like React or Angular and JS libraries like D3.js. But you'll have to learn JavaScript to use them. Someone I know recently used a simpler CF library that generated the JS needed, but I don't remember what it's called. I'll find out and come back with the name later today.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation