• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion11 Update13

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm updating my ColdFusion11 to Update13, I've couple of question do we need to stop all the running services of ColdFusion before we start the update and does the ColdFusion11Update13 will update the jre version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Coldfusion will normally restart the service for you when it has done the update via the CF Admin. You can also stop the server and the run the update manually after downloading it.

It will NOT update the JRE for you. You will need to download and install the latest version and configure the CF Admin to point to the new installation. This will then require another service restart.

ColdFusion 11 Update 13

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coldfusion will normally restart the service for you when it has done the update via the CF Admin. You can also stop the server and the run the update manually after downloading it.

It will NOT update the JRE for you. You will need to download and install the latest version and configure the CF Admin to point to the new installation. This will then require another service restart.

ColdFusion 11 Update 13

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it's indeed true that the updater should stop the CF services, just beware that sometimes it does not succeed, and in that case you may find that the update fails (whether it indicates that or not. You may find that either that the CF Admin may show that the update is still not applied, or you may find that CF did come down but can't come up, or the Admin doesn't work, or your code doesn't work).

I'll share that for any readers who have trouble applying updates, I have an extensive blog post that highlights the common problems and solutions with applying updates (in 10, 11, or 201....

Same about updating the JVM/JRE that CF uses (and as haxtbh said, no, most CF updates don't update JVM. You generally have to do it yourself.) While on the surface it's a 5-minute job for those who know what they're doing, it's easy for someone to make any of many little mistakes that could leave CF unable to start. I have a blog post also on those common problems updating the JVM CF uses. Hope that may be helpful to some readers of this thread.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Charlie.

Appreciate your response!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. Would you consider it now to be the “correct answer”? If so, just pointing out the option you have to do that, for the sake of future readers.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation