• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colfusion 11 (from 9) upgrade, new server, need to run both for compliance tests

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2016 Feb 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I'm upgrading both my CF from 9 to 11 and my server, from a self hosted on premise server to a VM cloud based solution.

Current server is running CF9 in production and I cannot shut it down until cloud environment is fully set up and tested.

Security audit won't be executed on a trial/developer edition so that I need to have both server (on prem and cloud) running simultaneously with a production version of CF for a while (say 2 weeks).

Am I allowed (terms of license) to do so ?

If I run the upgrade process (from CF11 trial/dev edition) on the new (cloud) server using my CF9 serial, will it deactivate the license from the other (on prem - CF 9) ?

Is there a specific action I can have to be 100% sure the current production server (on prem CF9) won't be affected ?

Any official answer from Adobe greatly appreciated, also users' experience welcome !

BR, thanks in advance

Antoine.

Ce message a été modifié par : Antoine BAPST - Reason : seems no one at ColdFusion level is able to answer this typically Licensing driven question so I moved it (back) to Licensing section.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Ok, so after this thread has moved back and forth, I got an answer via twitter.

Appears I'm allowed to maintain both server during the migration period.

Please note I'm not sure this answer is 100% Adobe genuine but aknowledged by @AdobeCare so I'll take it as such.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to ColdFusion‌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 11, 2016 Feb 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, so after this thread has moved back and forth, I got an answer via twitter.

Appears I'm allowed to maintain both server during the migration period.

Please note I'm not sure this answer is 100% Adobe genuine but aknowledged by @AdobeCare so I'll take it as such.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation