Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Correct IIS settings for CF 2021?

Participant ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I updated my install of CF 2018 Dev. Ed. with 2021. Now I can't browse localhost because it's looking for a 2016 install.

Calling LoadLibraryEx on ISAPI filter "C:\ColdFusion2016\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll" failed.

So it's looking in the wrong place- another older 2016 install?

I can resolve HTML sites on localhost:8500/ but not CFM.

All my websites are in the inetpub/wwwroot directory which

I have not changed the original IIS configuration since even before 2016 I would like to be able to keep working in this directory & resolve both HTML & CFM files form there.

ISAPI-2.jpgISAPI.jpg

mapping1.jpg

Can someone point me in the right direction?

TOPICS
Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You don't need any additonal settings for CF2021 in IIS. It will work with same settings. I can see you still have CF2016 ISAPI filter in IIS. First check, if you have removed the CF2016 connector, if not remove it and then create the CF2021 connector.

In case you have removed it and it is still there then you have to manually remove the CF2016 entries from IIS and then create the CF2021 connector. 

Please check this article: https://coldfusion.adobe.com/2016/10/removing-corrupt-connector-dependencies-from-iis/

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Priyank: Thank you so much for your fast reply- if you could tell me what the path should be set to?

ISAPI-3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We don't need to add anything manually. 

Here are the steps to remove the CF2016 connector. Go to \ColdFusion2016\cfusion\runtime\bin. Run the wsconfig.exe as administrator and remove the entry. If you don't see any entry there. 

Then launch the CF2021 connector utility. Go to \ColdFusion2021\cfusion\runtime\bin and run the wsocnfig.exe as administrator and Click on Add and then press OK. In the screenshot below,  I have highlighted the ALL-Individually, as I have already created connector with other sites. You will ALL, select ALL and then click on OK. It will prompt you for restarting the IIS, click ok and then test your website. 

PriyankShrivastava_0-1627320594155.png

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't try to set that value manually. As Priyank said previously, if you have removed the cf2016 settings using the web server config tool for cf2016, now run the wsconfig tool for cf2021. There you can either configure all sites or specifics sites (once you have removed the connector for any earlier version).

PS: I see that Priyank responded again literally at the same time as me, so I am updating my post here to add this PS, so readers are not confused by what ilcemsaod, since his arrived literally seconds before mine.) 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello agian

Thanks for your reply. I am not able to use the CF2021 connector utility.

This flashes on the run screen:

wsocnfig-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can help you with this. I can DM you the details and will setup a call.

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two things you might want to do here. First, run the connector from an administrative command prompt. That way you'll be able to see the messages more easily. Second, see what your JAVA_HOME is from that command prompt. You may need to set it to the same JVM that CF is using itself.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally got wsconfig to work- now I just need the correct entries.

madeit-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you're running wsproxyconfig.exe, not wsconfig.exe. Despite the similarity in names and appearance, you want to run wsconfig.exe here instead, as described earlier.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same error

wsconfig.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue for me while trying to install CF2021 in all new server, could anyone please help on this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Suman, there was a bug in the original connector (wsconfig). Since you say this is a new install, don't try to use wsconfig UNTIL AFTER you apply at least update 2 of CF2021. (The cf update also updates the wsconfig tool--but it does not RUN the tool.) 

To be clear, the latest update for 2021 (update 8) came out Friday, Jul 14.

Let us know how it goes. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation