• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Could ColdFusion have caused the URLRewrite to not function properly?

Enthusiast ,
Mar 10, 2016 Mar 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using ColdFusion 10 with Paperthin's CommonSpot CMS. The hyperlink in each of the search result page is https://devbox.mysite.com/kb/article/?title=test-article and the URLRewrite should show https://devbox.mysite.com/kb/article/test-article on the client's browser instead. Below is the URL Rewrite.

<rule name="KB-rewrite" enabled="true">

<match url="^kb/article/([a-zA-Z0-9\-]+)$" />

<conditions logicalGrouping="MatchAll" trackAllCaptures="false">

<add input="{QUERY_STRING}" pattern="1" negate="true" />

</conditions>

<action type="Rewrite" url="kb/article/?title={R:1}" appendQueryString="false" />

</rule>

I know that the URL Rewrite rule works because if I removed the "?title-" from the URL, it loads the article fine. The question is, why is it showing ?titlte= in the URL when without it, it would still works? What could have caused this behavior? Where can I start troubleshooting? Can it be my app's logic that uses ColdFusion that cause the problem? Suggestions are much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 10, 2016 Mar 10, 2016

Okay, I was quite dumb on this one.  IIS URLRewrite works as it supposed to since if I removed the ?title=, the page still loads. The problem was, in the search result hyperlink, I put ?ititle= as part of the URL so when a user clicked on the result, it would show the URL as containing the ?title= in it. Since the URLRewrite is working as it should, all I had to do was remove the ?title= from each result's hyperlink and my problem is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Mar 10, 2016 Mar 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, I was quite dumb on this one.  IIS URLRewrite works as it supposed to since if I removed the ?title=, the page still loads. The problem was, in the search result hyperlink, I put ?ititle= as part of the URL so when a user clicked on the result, it would show the URL as containing the ?title= in it. Since the URLRewrite is working as it should, all I had to do was remove the ?title= from each result's hyperlink and my problem is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation