Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating a fillable PDF document

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'd like to create a Coldfusion program that will generate a fillable PDF form (it's a ticket for a draw) that can be downloaded and filled out offline.

Basically I have a form template that I want to customize for different organizations, so I created a PDF form in LibreOffice and then I have Coldfusion fill in the parts of the for Organization Name, Address, Phone Number, and insert an uploaded logo graphic.

So my logic flow is:

HTML form that asks for organization name, address, phone number and upload of logo.

|

V

This information is merged into the PDF form I created (the ticket).

(There are additional form fields in the ticket for the name of the person who bought the ticket, their address, phone, etc.)

|

V

PDF document is downloaded to a local computer, and then offline, a person fills in the remaining fields when a ticket is sold and prints the ticket.

The first part works fine - I can get the information from the HTML form into the PDF document (I haven't done the logo yet, but I think I can figure that out).

The problem is that the remaining fields in the downloaded PDF form are no longer editable (they are just blank outlined boxes, and I can't type in them).

How can I get CF to merge the data I want into the fields I want, but leave the other fields alone?   Or am I doing this wrong and is there another way to do it?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?