• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Datasource Connection Timeout with CF 2021

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem where my datasource connections are not timing out in CF 2021 and I'm accumulating more and more DB connections. In the Data & Services -> Data Sources -> My Data Source (Advanced) settings in the Administrator I have "Maintain Connections " checked, I have "Timeout (min) " set to 20 and " Interval (min)" set to 7, and the "Limit Connections" is not checked.

Do I need to alter any other settings, and if so, which ones, to get my datasource connections to time out after a period of inactivity?

TOPICS
Database access , Documentation , Getting started , Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your database brand and version? Could you also please share how you know you are accumulating more and more connections?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Database is SQL Server 2017.

Old connections do not timeout; they stay around long after the timeout period of 20 minutes, sometimes for days. New connections are added instead and the number of connections from coldfusion 2021 to the database just keeps increasing. They're easy to spot using sp_who2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, how many of the values in the Status column are RUNNABLE or RUNNING?

Suggestion:

<cfquery name="q" datasource="yourSQLServerDSN">
	exec sp_who2
</cfquery>
<cfdump var="#q#">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation