• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Determine Installation Profile Type Used During Installation

Explorer ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. I'm a new employee at a company whose developers installed CF2018 awhile ago, and I'm trying to install my development CF2018 to match theirs. Unfortunately, they don't remember whether they installed using the Development Profile, the Production Profile, or the Production Profile + Secure Profile. Since I'm seeing notes on the Web that this option cannot be changed once installation is complete, I want to determine what they originally selected. Is there a setting in their cf administrators (or elsewhere) that they could check to find out?

Rimshot_0-1591018868013.png

TOPICS
Getting started , Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

I'm not sure why you want to do this. If you're setting up a development environment, you should use the development profile. The other profiles will disable useful development features. Use the other profiles as appropriate in production.

That said, CF creates an install log which is located in the root directory, and I'm pretty sure it'll list that information. Or, they could poke around in their CF Administrator and see whether they can add IP addresses for debugging purposes, etc. The log

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why you want to do this. If you're setting up a development environment, you should use the development profile. The other profiles will disable useful development features. Use the other profiles as appropriate in production.

That said, CF creates an install log which is located in the root directory, and I'm pretty sure it'll list that information. Or, they could poke around in their CF Administrator and see whether they can add IP addresses for debugging purposes, etc. The log would be a better way to identify this.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Dave_Watts. Development Profile would have been my choice, but a coworker mentioned I should take the default, and I thought I noticed the default being something other than Development. That makes sense, though. I looked for an installation log file in the root and many other locations but could not locate one. Will you please tell me the name of the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Windows desktop, I have CF 2018 installed in C:\ColdFusion2018, and directly in there I have this file:

Adobe_ColdFusion_2018_Install_02_21_2019_18_27_07.log

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave_Watts... Yes, I found it. I'm not sure why I didn't see it before. My apologies. Inside that, there is indeed a reference to:

ColdFusion Server Profile:
Development Profile

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome!

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation