Exit

Difficulty setting up datasource!

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following error appearing!    

- Connection verification failed for data source: orga2

java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [MySQL JDBC Driver][MySQL]Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [MySQL JDBC Driver][MySQL]Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

Any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS?  What version of CF?  What version of MySQL?

It almost sounds as if you're using an old version of CF with a new(er) version of MySQL.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its windows server 2012/coldfusion2018/mysql8 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so you're using basically the most recent (or close to it) of everything.

Even so, per the instructions of one of the links I provided, it might help if you download the latest JDBC drivers and try that.

If that doesn't work, it sounds to me like something else is amiss.  Check the CF logs to see if there is an obvious error being reported.

HTH,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2019 Feb 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think to support MySQL 8 (I did not even know there was a MySQL 8!) you'll need a MySQL driver from Oracle rather than the ones installed with ColdFusion. Also, there are all kinds of potential connection string properties that might not be supported by the default data source forms, like encryption options. I would go download the latest MySQL driver, then use "Other" in the CF administrator.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yogeshsurati​, What is the name/version of the MySQL JAR file that you installed in ColdFusion's lib directory?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation