• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Downloading Adobe ColdFusion 16 (broken link error)

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2016 Jul 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to download the trail for Adobe ColdFusion 16, but when I fill out the information for which version I want to download (32-bit | English) I get this broken link error.

It says to send an email to report a broken link, but there is none available for me to use to contact Support.

adobe_error.PNG

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to ColdFusion​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its working at our end.

Can you please try another browser ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have tried it in Chrome V49.0.2623.112 m and IE 8.  Both are returning the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about a link for coldfusion builder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2016 Aug 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having troubles opening those links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need links to coldfusion server and CF builder 2016 for linux 64bit (ubunutu)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the links:

ColdFusion 2016 server:

ftp://cust-dl:$Mrtp24678@sjftp.adobe.com/ColdFusionInstallers/CF2016

ColdFusion Builder 2016:

ftp://cust-dl:$Mrtp24678@sjftp.adobe.com/ColdFusionInstallers/CFB2016$Mrtp24678@sjftp.adobe.com/ColdFusionInstallers/CFB2016

Right click on the installer->Select option->"Save link as".

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2017 Oct 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the same issue as the author.

I also can not open the FTP Links provided since they ask for FTP Access Username and Password.

However my Adobe ID or Forum ID are not accepted...

I need Adobe Cold Fusion Builder 2016 for Linux 64 Bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find I can't use the direct ftp links offered, either. But rather than rely on those, I would propose a possible different solution for those complaining that their downloads (using the regular web interface) were not working.

Did you try using another browser? or using the incognito or private window features most browsers offer? With those, when you visit a site, no cookies are sent from your browser to the site, and I have found that to often fix odd problems like you are describing (and I'l add that I have downloaded various versions of CF and CFBuilder in recent days and weeks, without any problem).

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome and Firefox with and without incognito mode both negative 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marcus, sorry to hear your troubles, man. Sometimes life gives you lemons. But let's keep trying.

1) First, I just went through the process and was able to download the 32-bit English CF2016 installer, so it does work, and whatever is happening it seems rather unique. (To the others who reported here having similar problems. let's hear if the incognito/private window option helped you. I have seen it help others.)

2) But I'll share that once I did have the download going, I could get the link for that:

http://trials3.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/CSTD/12_0_3/win32/ColdFusion_2016_WWEJ_win.exe

3) Now, about that URL, I suspect it will not "just work" if someone reading this tries it. But perhaps it WOULD work if one does login to the Adobe site first (using the icons i the top right of the page). I'm sure Adobe prefers instead that people fill out those questions before seeing it, but given Marcus's challenge, I wanted to offer it (And at least having to be logged in means it can't be used by "just anyone".)

4) and perhaps Adobe will come along again with other links one can use even without logging in

5) Until then, and if the above doesn't work I will point out two other possibilities. First, on the page that appears AFTER the download begins (https://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion/download-trial/get-started.html​), they offer links to the express edition (that's a non-installer version that's not meant for production use, so it may not suit you), and the 32-bit one is at http://www.adobe.com/go/trycoldfusionexpwin32/ .

Finally, there is the http://www.cfmlrepo.com/  web site, created by community members and holding old installers (going all the way back to CF 1.5), and there are CF2016 ones there, including 32-bit Windows ones. Just be careful as there are ones for CFBuilder as all, so be sure to choose the right one. One other gotchas is that the CF2016 installers are from mid-2016, so not the "refreshed one" offered in Dec 2016. But again, if you're desperate, it's better than nothing. In fact, I'll save you digging down into that site to find the URL for the 32-bit win installer. It's:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwmlt4TArPS5clFIbGpsNGZfSEk

Let us know if anything above helps. (I don't work for Adobe, so am just one user trying to help another.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to find the 64 bit Windows 2016 CF download has been extremely frustrating.  None of the links work, and the Adobe FTP server resets the connection after a password has been entered.  My last hope is the CFMLRepo repository on Google Drive.  I've asked for permissions.  We'll see if I get it.

Not being to download a semi-recent product I legally purchased from Adobe is extremely bad business.

Ross.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2018 Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ross, there may be good news for you.

First to be clear, your comment here is in a question posted in 2016, and you're replying to my response to the OP in 2017.

Second, it's true that Adobe no longer offers public links to download cf2016, since July when CF2018 came out. That policy of theirs (frustrating though it may seem) is not at all new. It's how recent releases have gone.

But third, you refer to being a legal owner of CF. In that case, you can still find cf2016 from the licensed software download site, whose url and account/login info are given to those who buy CF.

Of course, you may have bought it now a couple of years ago  and perhaps you don't have that info anymore.

But if you email cfinstal@adobe.com, they will be able to help. Write back to let us know how it goes. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charlie,

Thanks for the info.  I logged on to the licensing web site and was able to download the installer.

Ross.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 21, 2018 Dec 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great to hear. Thanks for the update 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation