Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all -

When I follow the instructions here and run the following commands:

docker pull public.ecr.aws/adobe/coldfusion:latest

docker run --rm -it public.ecr.aws/adobe/coldfusion:latest info

I get the following results:

ColdFusion Server Base Version: 2021,0,0,323925

It appears the image is being pulled down without Update 1. I am needing an image with Update 1 installed. Can somone advise on how to pull an image with the latest 2021 version?

Thanks,

- Jordan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Hi Chralie,

While testing the image, we wronlgy tagged in AWS Portal , a testing image got tagged to latest hence when pulling the image, it was pulling the base image. 

The issue is fixed now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Realizing that docker run --rm -it public.ecr.aws/adobe/coldfusion:latest info may only return the base version.

I can confirm Update 1 is not installed when I generate a container using public.ecr.aws/adobe/coldfusion:latest.

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 11.13.56 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-08-26 at 11.14.05 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that the image is currently not update 1. (It was in some months past, after that update in April, then for some reason Adobe reverted it back to update 0.)

I don't know if someone from Adobe will notice this forum thread and respond to it. They may. You may want to raise this instead at cfinstal@adobe.com

In the meantime, you have 2 choices now (and one that is coming).

1. I had created my own dockerhub repo of the Adobe CF images, which I had obtained at various times, from either the ECR or bintray sites (or when Adobe offered the tag.gz for us to use). I realize that folks would have to "trust me", so I have not publicized them. But I do have the 2021.0.1 image in my dockerhub repo here:

https://hub.docker.com/layers/carehart/coldfusion/2021.0.1/images/sha256-a32634b4dae0dfcf6408fde5252...

If you don't want to trust or use that, there is still yet another option.

2.  You could of course just proceed to update the one you have (using the CF admin or by execing into the image and calling the cfpm.sh to do the update), then save that as a new image (using "docker commit"). You could then use that for your needs until Adobe updates their image. 
  3. Finally, at some point Adobe is going to put the CF images on dockerhub, but for now there is nothing:
    https://hub.docker.com/r/adobecoldfusion/coldfusion/tags?page=1&ordering=last_updated

Let us know how things go.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are doing some testing and we had to move the latest image and replace it with old image without update 1. I will let you know once it is fixed. 

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the explanation. But if you felt strongly enough about an issue with update 1 to remove that image, should we who already pulled it and are using it be concerned? How would we know? 🙂

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chralie,

While testing the image, we wronlgy tagged in AWS Portal , a testing image got tagged to latest hence when pulling the image, it was pulling the base image. 

The issue is fixed now.

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks good on my end. Thanks again to both of you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Charlie!

I was able to get my hands on the 2021.01 bintray image through a colleague. Working with that for now until we hear more from Priyank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah sent that last messsage a little too fast.

Priyank I'll give the image a shot here shortly. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation