Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Coldfusion 2021

Explorer ,
Dec 23, 2021 Dec 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ,:)

I have a problem with my configuration of coldfusion.

I have this same error :

Thu Dec 23 15:34:05 2021] [6687:140487759288064] [error] ajp_service::jk_ajp_common.c (3021): (cfusion) connecting to tomcat failed (rc=-3, errors=161, client_errors=0).
[Thu Dec 23 15:34:05 2021] [6688:140487964980992] [info] jk_open_socket::jk_connect.c (816): connect to 127.0.0.1:8020 failed (errno=13)
[Thu Dec 23 15:34:05 2021] [6688:140487964980992] [info] ajp_connect_to_endpoint::jk_ajp_common.c (1158): (cfusion) Failed opening socket to (127.0.0.1:8020) (errno=13)
[Thu Dec 23 15:34:05 2021] [6688:140487964980992] [error] ajp_send_request::jk_ajp_common.c (1829): (cfusion) connecting to backend failed. Tomcat is probably not started or is listening on the wrong port (errno=13)
[Thu Dec 23 15:34:05 2021] [6688:140487964980992] [info] ajp_service::jk_ajp_common.c (3000): (cfusion) sending request to tomcat failed (recoverable), because of error during request sending (attempt=2)
[Thu Dec 23 15:34:05 2021] [6688:140487964980992] [error] ajp_service::jk_ajp_common.c (3021): (cfusion) connecting to tomcat failed (rc=-3, errors=162, client_errors=0).

my server.xml:

<!-- Define a SSL/TLS HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443
This connector uses the NIO implementation that requires the JSSE
style configuration. When using the APR/native implementation, the
OpenSSL style configuration is required as described in the APR/native
documentation-->
<!-- <Connector port="8443" protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11NioProtocol"
maxThreads="150" SSLEnabled="true" scheme="https" secure="true"
clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS" />-->
<!-- Define an AJP 1.3 Connector on port 8009-->
<!-- begin connector-->
<Connector protocol="AJP/1.3" port="8020" redirectPort="8453" secret="9661aacd-ac6f-42ad-8dd8-c371c36.." maxThreads="500" connectionTimeout="200000" tomcatAuthentication="false" address="127.0.0.1"/>
<!-- end connector-->
<!-- An Engine represents the entry point (within Catalina) that processes

My workers.proprietes:

heartbeat_interval=30
heartbeat_limit=90

#Start of workers.properties associated with 'cfusion'
worker.list=cfusion

worker.cfusion.type=ajp13
worker.cfusion.host=127.0.0.1
worker.cfusion.port=8020
worker.cfusion.heartbeat_servlet_path=/__cf_connector_heartbeat__
worker.cfusion.connection_pool_timeout=60
worker.cfusion.monitoringsecret=49162e5a-c1dc-4d25-a560-d8056d02016d
worker.cfusion.secret=9661aacd-ac6f-42ad-8dd8-c371c366c...
#End of workers.properties associated with 'cfusion

Please for you Help i don't know what i can do

THANKS 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Hello ,

Sorry for the delay.

Yes for me it's ok with you all help.

To resolve my problem, here the step

1. Enable the listen of ipv4 in the jvm

2. match the server.xml with workers.proprietes
3.disable the selinux

if the result of your netstat doesn't show  that your connector  use anyport tcp v4 in your server, is in my case the main problem.

After this change my coldfusio n work good

Once again thank you, without your helps i will never resolve my problem

I wish you a good year , many good things

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 30, 2021 Dec 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Imad, great to hear you feel you are making progress (but for this last error). What a long, strange trip it's been (to watch).

As for your 503 error (on a request to a page in Apache), that could still be related to the whole mess above about the host in the workers.properties and the address (if any) in the ajp connector line of the server.xml. So three questions:

• what is that value you have for those now, in both files? I see BKBK and Priyank having suggested different values for you to try, but I don't see you indicating what you had finally chosen, for the address and port in both the server.xml ajp connect line and the workers.properties file. That leads to the next point...
  • Your last netstat had no 8020 port listed, while earlier ones did. Is that still the case? That would be a problem. Maybe you made some other change since and it is showing for you now.
  • Perhaps more important, what do you show in the coldfusion-error.log, at the bottom (afte rthe most recent CF startup) for the line that has a message which starts: Initializing ProtocolHandler ["ajp-nio-
    • The rest of that message will go on to show whatever ip and port CF thinks it should be listening on for this AJP connector. You may see the rest of the line showing a value like  this: 127.0.0.1-8020"], which would mean of course it's listening on 127.0.0.1 and port 8020. This relates directly to that address and port on the ajp connector line in server.xml.
    • And then whatever you have in the workers.properties has to match, or at least the host (if not an IP) has to resolve to an ip that matches that. Thus my first two questions above.

And FWIW, for some people, setting that address attribute (in the connector line of server.xml)  instead to 0.0.0.0 or :: may be the quickest resolution to problems. Granted, that changes the connector to listen on "any" ip address, but let's be clear: the ajp port (such as 8020) will almost surely be closed by your firewall (since it's a non-standard port), and as such this is not opening that ajp connector to "the world", only to "any ip address" that a request to it may resolve to.

(And for future readers, note that this ip address we're speaking of has nothing at all to do with the IP address/domain name and/or port used in a URL that you or a user uses to request a page. That goes, in your case, to your Apache web server. It's then this ajp connector--between Apache and CF--that is managed by all these settings and files, and we're simply talking about the ip address and port used to connect those two.)

Finally and FWIW, all this is not so much a challenge of Adobe's doing but of Tomcat's. All this became much more complicated as of early 2020 when the Tomcat "ghostcat" vuln came out, and an update to CF at that time (for CF2018 and 2016, then) addressed it, as did the update technotes of the time. Then all this was foldeed into CF2021. 

I know you said you are a beginner to all this, so I just add that last paragraph for context, and in case you may find other info related to the matter. Indeed--and maybe you already know this--note that CF runs atop Tomcat by default, and this AJP connector between CF and Apache is a Tomcat web server connector. Adobe modifies both Tomcat and the connector slightly, but about 99% of the docs in Tomcat for these things (as well as resources about Tomcat outside of CF) should apply as well to our use of them in CF, which may help to consider when you're struggling.

Hope you may be really close to finally resolving things.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Charlie, indeed we are agreed in the fact that it's more complex, moreover i m beginner, but my chance is to communicate with a top people who want reallly help and show patience.

Thanks for  your response

what is the role of instances in installation of coldfusion2021? because when i launch the script, the response is : [root@sv-lcfextra-uat bin]# ./cfscan.sh
Scanning...
No instances of ColdFusion found.
[root@sv-lcfextra-uat bin]#

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have one last error is that my web site is unavailable , when i lauch curl of the port 80 , i have this result :

[root@sv-lcfextra-uat bin]# curl -vvv 127.0.0.1:80
* Rebuilt URL to: 127.0.0.1:80/
* Trying 127.0.0.1...

< HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable

By @imad22375965ncv4

Could you share with us the workers.properties and <connector> (in server.xml) that work?

In the meantime, does changing to address="::1" (and restarting!) help with the 503 Service Unavailable ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it's ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for the resolution of  the error tomcat !!!!! 

By @imad22375965ncv4

This means your original question has been answered. 🙂

What suggestion led to the resolution? Please mark it as the correct answer. Alternatively, you could describe the steps that resolved the problem, then mark your description as the correct answer.

That is important for the forum. In so doing you will promote the sharing of knowledge. Your response will also help a fellow developer who comes here looking for solutions. That will surely happen, because connector problems occur frequently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello ,

Sorry for the delay.

Yes for me it's ok with you all help.

To resolve my problem, here the step

1. Enable the listen of ipv4 in the jvm

2. match the server.xml with workers.proprietes
3.disable the selinux

if the result of your netstat doesn't show  that your connector  use anyport tcp v4 in your server, is in my case the main problem.

After this change my coldfusio n work good

Once again thank you, without your helps i will never resolve my problem

I wish you a good year , many good things for your family and you.....

Imad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation