Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Executing Database Query - Login failed for user

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2023 Dec 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error Executing Database Query.

[Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Login failed for user 'In******gy.HCSS.App'.

The error occurred in Application.cfc: line 199
-1 : Unable to display error's location in a CFML template.

VENDORERRORCODE  18456
SQLSTATE  28000
SQL   UPDATE TApplication SET Web_Path= (param 1) ,Upload_Path= (param 2) ,CFWeb_Path= (param 3) ,CFUpload_Path= (param 4)
DATASOURCE  db******4

Resources:

java.sql.SQLInvalidAuthorizationSpecException: [Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Login failed for user 'In*****gy.HCSS.App'.
	at macromedia.jdbc.sqlserverbase.BaseExceptions40.createAppropriateSQLExceptionInstance(Unknown Source)
	at macromedia.jdbc.sqlserverbase.BaseExceptions40.createSQLException(Unknown Source)
	at macromedia.jdbc.sqlserverbase.BaseExceptions.createException(Unknown Source)
	at macromedia.jdbc.sqlserverbase.BaseExceptions.getException(Unknown Source)
	at macromedia.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processErrorToken(Unknown Source)
	at macromedia.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processReplyToken(Unknown Source)
	at macromedia.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSLoginRequest.processReplyToken(Unknown Source)
	at macromedia.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSRequest.processReply(Unknown Source)
	at macromedia.jdbc.sqlserver.tds.TDSLoginRequest.submitRequest(Unknown Source)
	at macromedia.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerImplConnection.open(Unknown Source)
	at macromedia.jdbc.sqlserverbase.BaseConnection.doConnect(Unknown Source)
	at macromedia.jdbc.sqlserverbase.BaseConnection.connect(Unknown Source)
	at macromedia.jdbc.sqlserverbase.BaseConnection.setupImplConnection(Unknown Source)
	at macromedia.jdbc.sqlserverbase.BaseConnection.open(Unknown Source)
	at macromedia.jdbc.sqlserverbase.BaseDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
	at macromedia.jdbc.MacromediaDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
	at coldfusion.server.j2ee.sql.pool.JDBCPool.createPhysicalConnection(JDBCPool.java:593)
	at coldfusion.server.j2ee.sql.pool.ConnectionRunner$RunnableConnection.run(ConnectionRunner.java:67)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Can someone help me to explain how to troubleshoot the error I'm getting? thankyou in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the error says, the login to sql server has failed. Either the username and/or password used for the cf datasource(as set in the cf admin or in your code) is incorrect, or the username does not have authority (as defined in sql server) to access the database in question.

Solving the latter is purely a sql server task. You'd want to explore how to do that using any of many resources addressing that in more detail. Same if you may need to change the sql server password because you don't know it. 

That said, whenever you see a problem like this, an important diagnostic question is, "if it was working before, what changed?" That may point to some other facet to this problem with perhaps a different solution. I could offer guesses but that would make this a long reply. Instead, let us know the answer to that question. 

Finally, since you ask this here, it sounds like perhaps you've inherited this app and are maybe more a stakeholder in it rather than a developer or system administrator. Trying to solve some problems can be very challenging, as they involve many different things (how to setup things in cf code or its admin, as well as setting up or troubleshooting such related servers). While someone MAY well give you enough detail here to solve your problem, you might respond that you need more.

And I'll propose that rather than have all that back and forth, this is the sort of problem where having a remote screenshare session with an experienced troubleshooter may be far more effective. I offer that on a consulting basis, and we may some this in as little as 15 mins, my minimum interval. For more on my rates, approach, satisfaction guarantee, link to online calendar z and more, see carehart.org/consulting.

But please note I've offered this last, after offering other answers and follow up questions. If those can help you solve things, great. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2023 Dec 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If this never worked for you, take a look at your SQL Server authentication options. By default, I think, SQL Server uses Windows Authentication and CF isn't going to work with that without a little fiddling around. If you can choose mixed mode authentication, you can create and use accounts directly within SQL Server and CF will work with that just fine. I'm not sure if it's called "mixed mode" or not, but there are only two options and one of them is Windows Authentication.

If you have to use Windows Authentication, go here for a quick configuration guide for it:

https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/configuring-administering/data-source-management-for-coldfusion.h...

Mixed mode authentication is a lot easier to set up though.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation