Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error while Sever Updates from Coldfusion Administrator

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

I am getting below error after trying to do Server Update --> Updates from Cf Admin.

"Error","ajp-bio-8014-exec-1","02/07/18","06:04:44","cfadmin","Element sessionManagement is undefined in a CFML structure referenced as part of an expression. The specific sequence of files included or processed is: D:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\wwwroot\CFIDE\administrator\updates\index.cfm, line: 41

Can you please help.

Regards,

Vinod Verma

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Vinod, that's not some common error. Indeed, if you google that specific error, you find no one else reporting it. So it's not like there's some Admin setting you need to check, etc. And maybe that's why you're asking here. 🙂

My first guess would be that perhaps there was an error at some point in the past while applying a previous CF update (whether that was done hours, days, weeks, or even months ago), and the error you see may present itself only when you try to access that updates page.

I would recommend you take a few minutes to consider the troubleshooting steps I outline in this blog post, about several very common problems that can happen during application of CF updates, and how to easily identify that in the update logs (not in the CF logs folder), and what you can do about it:

How to solve common problems with applying ColdFusion updates (in 10 and above)​

If you confirm there was no error in the last update log, then the next thing I'd propose would be to see if you get the error when visiting the CF admin in a different browser. If that works, but you prefer to use the browser you're using, try using the incognito or private window feature of that browser. If that works, then it tells you that the problem is in some cookies CF is using. Clear those cookies i the original browser, and see if that lets you proceed.

Let us know if that helps, or not.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation