• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

First time upload to CF

Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2008 Jan 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm creating a CF site in DWCS3 on a mac. I'm loading the site to a CFMX7 environment and am also using a MySQL database. The site is being developed on my machine using the dev edition of CFMX7 and the community edition of MySQL 5x. The question is, what do I need to know from my host to migrate all my data to their MySQL db and their CFMX7 server. I presume I will need to change my ports, usernames and passwords, is there more? Will DW be able to change all my record sets and all that when I upload with the new info or will I have to go through and manually change all my SQL statements?
Should the host have a spec sheet waiting for me or what?

Thanks for any help you provide to this first time CF/SQL user.

PF
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 12, 2008 Jan 12, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, you will obviouslly need to replicate your database tables and the data within those tables on the host. You can do that by writing a CF script, and maybe MySQL has some command to copy everything over in bulk (I am not a regular MySQL user so I can't be more specific).

Second, as long as you haven't made major modifications to the way CF runs on your local computer, e.g., setting up Verity search engines and tweaking the mappings and memory settings, then all you need to do is copy your CF templates over and everything will run as normal once your db is re-created on the host.

Your host should give you the username/password to access CF admin and all that. I asssume that's what you mean by "change my ports, username and password." If not, please clarify.

Should the host have a spec sheet? Well, a spec sheet of what? Most hosts tell you what kind of machine and software they have. What other specs are you looking for?

If you are running CF Enterprise there are easier ways to recreate your site, but I will go ahead and assume you are not.

Glad to hear you are a first-time user. I hope you decide to stick with it. I have for 11+ years and have no regrets whatsoever.

Post back if you still have questions or need clarifications. Usually this is a process whereby the details get sorted out after a few posts back and forth. And sometimes you will just figure it out on your own. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2008 Jan 14, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the reply (and encouragement).

The port info and what not that has me a little uneasy comes from when I set up CF on my machine. Everything goes to localhost:8500. I suppose that is only for running the pages on my machine and helping my version of DW/Safari/FF to locate the page and run it during development, right?

Re-creating the MYSQL isn't much of a problem. It's a very small database so I can do that quickly.

I guess I just want to make sure I don't have to re-write all my record set queries when I go to upload. Or is that just standard procedure when you're using a server function combined with a database? Does DW automatically map the new queries when the site is uploaded? Sounds too good to be true...

One other problem has arisen. I'm going to post this a s a new topic but here's the jest of it... Turns out the site I am building this "extension" for was built in asp.net. Can I pick up a URL tidbit so my CF site will display only data relevant to the page the user came from? Do I need to have the original developer drop a hidden field in for me to pick up in CF? Any help is appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation