• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Remoting not working with local datasource

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2006 Jun 02, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using flash remoting on a cfform to pull in data from a test datasource (on a different domain) and it works just fine. When I modify the datasource to use a database on a server in the same domain, the form comes up empty with no errors. Why would flash remoting be able to retrieve a record set from one server (over the internet) but can not retrieve the same record set from a server on the same domain as my web server?
TOPICS
Flash integration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2006 Jun 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an update on my situation: When the page loads I can see the data in the drop downs but immediately after I can see the text it gets erased and both drop downs are empty. It's almost like it loses the recordset out of memory or something. Any ideas out there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 06, 2006 Jun 06, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YOur going to need to post some code so we can look at what you have done.

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2006 Jun 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attached the actionscript for the data connection. The odd thing about this issue is some of the data is being displayed from the webservice call and then some is not. The drop down list is not being populated but I am getting some text in a textarea that is on the form. My datasource is a SQL Server database and in ColdFusion administrator, I used the actual machine name to point to the datasource because it is directly linked to my web server. This configuration is the one giving me problems. If I change the datasource to my test SQL Server (server.somewhere.com) it works fine. Does this help any?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 07, 2006 Jun 07, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
If it works fine when pointing to your test sql server, then I would guess the problem is the dsn to the "live" sql server.
Change from the actual machine name to the ip address. If you still have problems then delete the dsn and create it again in the cf admin.

I would also suggest building a "test" cf page to ensure that what is being returned from the cfc is what you want/expect.
This page would just invoke the cfc and cfdump the result.

Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation