• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font Mangement not showing fonts after adding additional instances coldfusion 2016

Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are trying to use the cfdocument tag on coldfusion 2016 and getting errors on creating the pdf.

I have found that the issue only appears on the coldfusion servers where we have defined multiple instances. 

On the default cfusion instance everything works perfectly.  When running from additional instances it does not.  In the coldfusion administrtor the Font Managment does not show any fonts on the additional instances.  On the cfusion instance I can see all the Adobe installed fonts that were part of the initial install.

On startup of the additional instances I am getting the error 

May 27, 2020 21:45:47 PM Error [Thread-65] - com.lowagie.text.FontFactory.getFontFaces()Ljava/util/Map;
May 27, 2020 21:45:47 PM Error [Thread-65] - com.lowagie.text.FontFactory.getFontFaces()Ljava/util/Map;

This is also the same error that appears if I try to define my own font directory.

How can I get the fonts to appear on the Font Management in the additional instances.

We are running on RHEL 7.5 and Apache

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you upgrade all your instances to the same level? The latest update of ColdFusion 2016 is Update 15.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm running Update 15 on the instances.

I'm seeing this same thing across multiple servers.  The default cfusion install has no issues with the Fonts and the Font Management showing in the coldfusion administrator.  All the additional instances do not show the Fonts in the Font Managment and are showing this error in the log. 

May 28, 2020 12:20:42 PM Error [Thread-65] - com.lowagie.text.FontFactory.getFontFaces()Ljava/util/Map;
May 28, 2020 12:20:42 PM Error [Thread-65] - com.lowagie.text.FontFactory.getFontFaces()Ljava/util/Map;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In which log file do you see this?

It might help to simply restart the instance concerned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's in the coldfusion-out.log file.

I've restarted the instance many times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

maybe this will help point something out that I'm missing.

I was finally able to make the Font Mangement in the coldfusion administrator show for the other instance.

I copied the iText.jar file from the {application.home}/lib/itext directory to the main {application.home}/lib directory for it to work.  Once the iText.jar file was out of the {application.home}/lib/itext directory and in the main lib directory, it loaded and I did not get the error.  I was able to also see the fonts in the font managment.

I tried adding the {application.home}/lib/itext to the coldfusion class path and the jvm path in the coldfusion administrator configuration but it still would not pick it up.  The only way to get it to work was to make a copy of the iText.jar to the main lib directory for that other instance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing your resolution, acmfireman, but FWIW I have 2 things to offer about this for the sake of others finding it in the future.

First, I don't see the same problem. In my CF2016 setup, with a second instance, I CAN see the fonts page fine in that second instance. Like you, I'm running on its update 15, and FWIW I'm on Windows, and have tested this with Java 11 or 8.

And in case anyone may wonder, the itext.jar referred to lives (in each instance) ONLY in the lib/itext folder. It's not in the cfusion/lib or [instance]/lib by default, so it's curious that acmfireman had to do this.

But second, in case others may find themselves with the problem and want to try your solution, you say that you "copied the iText.jar file from the {application.home}/lib/itext directory to the main {application.home}/lib directory", but then you say "Once the iText.jar file was out of the {application.home}/lib/itext directory and in the main lib directory, it loaded and I did not get the error."

Do you really mean you had to delete it out of the instance's lib/itext folder, or was your point just that "once it was in the instance's lib folder", it worked? (In that case, it seems one could and should leave the jar in the lib/itext, for whatever reason it was there.)

You also don't say if you needed to restart CF once you put it in the cfusion/lib, but I assume you did?

Finally, since it happened for you but not for me (or anyone else I've ever heard report it), that would seem to suggest there's something unique about your setup. I realize you may feel there is none or you can't identify it, and if so, then we can leave it at that.

Still, you may want to file a report tracker.adobe.com, and share the bug id here and interested folks could add votes of support or chime in further. Some may more likely find that than this thread, in the future. And Adobe is more likely to pay attention to a bug report than these forums.

Hope that's helpful.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm not running on windows it's on Linux.  I'm running on RHEL 7.5. 

On the second instance, I copied the iText.jar file into the {application.home}/lib/ 

I also left it in the {application.home}/lib/itext directory to not cause any issues with it not being there.

Before copying it into the {application.home}/lib/  I tried adding {application.home}/lib/itext  to the path definitions in the JVM config to allow it to be found based on the path definition but that did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation