• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fusebox4, ColdFusion 2023 and Application variables

Explorer ,
Apr 16, 2024 Apr 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone here running an application using Fusebox4 on ColdFusion 2023?  

I have just installed ColdFusion 2023 (Update 7) on a new server and i'm trying to migrate my existing application that is currently running on a ColdFusion 2016 on the Fusebox 4 framework.  

I'm running into an issue where my application variables that I am setting are not being set/available.  My first thought was the scope issue seen in Update 7 but I don't think so because the error message contains the application scope.  I think the Fusebox4 preProcess plugins are not loading.  In these plugins I setup the application variables.

Error Received: 

Element SYSTEM is undefined in APPLICATION.

The error occurred in //nagennas02/ColdFusion2023/mdocftest/gms/Application.cfc: line 198
196 : </cfsavecontent>
197 :
198 : <cflog file="#application.system#" text="#arguments.exception.message#">
199 :
200 :
Stack Trace
at cfApplication2ecfc884102023$funcONERROR.runFunction(//nagennas02/ColdFusion2023/mdocftest/gms/Application.cfc:198)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

There were no other errors in the logs that directed me to the issue.  

The application code folder was setup in IIS as a a virtual folder.  I moved it from a remote location and copied the code to the server and now my code is running.  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2024 Apr 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That line of code occurs in Application.cfc's onError event-handler. That implies that an error had occurred well before execution reached line 198.

Look at your log files, and discover the error that triggered the onError event-handler. You already have one clue. That error likely occurred before the the first line of code where the variable application.system is set.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There were no other errors in the logs that directed me to the issue.  

The application code folder was setup in IIS as a a virtual folder.  I moved it from a remote location and copied the code to the server and now my code is running.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @CF_Jen , curious finding. Thanks for sharing it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation