• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

General Question about Coldfusion 9

Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2011 Oct 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for any gotcha's I should be aware of prior to upgrading my Windows 2003 server to Windows 2008 R2 with CF9 (64-bit) running under to CF9 under ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a couple.

- Of course, 2008 is quite different in look and feel, and security, than 2003. That’s not a CF thing, but you may get caught out by it while configuring some things. Similarly, IIS 7 is QUITE different than IIS 6. The CF docs will help some. And DO read the docs, if only for these reasons. There is both an Installation Guide and an Admin and Config Guide.

- note that only CF 9.01 supports IIS 7 natively. With 9.0, you’d have to enable IIS 6 compatibility mode. 9.01 does not require that.

- And no, if you download 9 today, you do not get 9.01. You have to add 9.01 (the free “CF 9 Updater 1”) atop a 9.0 install. The link to it is offered CF 9 is available to download.

- Note that there is a separate installer doc and release notes for 9.01, which address the issues of configuring IIS 7 for 9.01 (and cleaning up if you had configured it for 9.0)

- Finally, if you by any chance use any ODBC datasources, there is a problem with that, whereby you have to define them using tools outside of CF. See http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/408/kb408162.html.

Hope that helps.

/charlie arehart

charlie@carehart.org

Providing fast, remote, on-demand troubleshooting services for CF (and CFBuilder)

More at http://www.carehart.org/consulting

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Charlie! All good points. What I have now is a 64-bit Windows 2003 server running ColdFusion v9.01. So no "real" issues other than aesthetics with IIS7 and getting to know that interface, right?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, ok. Most people asking that question (“upgrading my Windows 2003 server to Windows 2008 R2 with CF9 (64-bit) running under to CF9”) are going from 32-bit 2003 and an earlier release of CF. Since you didn’t say otherwise, that’s why I assumed it.

But anyway, yes for you it seems IIS 7 (and 2k8) differences in general (look and security) will be the biggest change. Again, don’t ignore the docs which help with that. Hope it goes well.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation