Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get Started A to Z .... Help?

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2007 Jan 13, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am as "green" as it gets for using coldfusion (I bought both ben forta books and I am going through them on my own.). At any rate what I am asking for is basically Coldfusion 101. Will someone please take the time and considerable effort to walk me through step by step of setting coldfusion mx 7 up?

I am not afraid of making mistakes scripting or trying to figure out how to do that on my own. What I am looking for is basically how you should install coldfusion? how you set up a database server with a webhosting company? which is better to use Mysql or Mssql? Once you have everything all set up then how do you go about creating your database? then once you have created the database, how do you get it on the server? Once you have done that, depending on what you are scripting, what files need to be put where to make sure you access what you are trying to script? Basically things like that

I realize this may be way too broad a question, but I am just hoping for the easy way to understand the basics. I guess I am looking for help putting the skeleton of coldfusion together at which point I will be happy to figure out the flesh and organs.
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 14, 2007 Jan 14, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download the ACME guide for a complete handbook on setting up you ColdFusion development environment. Great stuff (and, it's free).

http://www.acidlabs.org/extras/acme/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2007 Jan 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't overlook the obvious! Adobe had quite a bit of free documentation at the following link:

http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/coldfusion/

Here are just a couple of downloadable titles you might want to start out with:
Configuring and Administering ColdFusion MX
Getting Started Building ColdFusion MX Applications

There are plenty more titles at this link that you'll find very helpful. Also, spend some time on the web looking at the forums (including this one), blogs, etc about ColdFusion. You might also want to check and see if there is a user group near you.

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 16, 2007 Jan 16, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Lots of skeletons out there in closets. 🙂 Don't worry, it isn't as hard as it seems. But one thing I have found overlooked on a number of occasions is limiting the logfile size. I'm amazed when I go in to solve a crashing server problem only to find out that the logfile for CF had no limit set and had grown to take over the entire harddrive. And the IT people can't figure it out.

Maybe I shouldn't have said that. It pays me good money to go in and figure those things out. LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation