• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting 404 error on .cfr files after installing CF enterprise 2018

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, We just recently added a new Coldfusion Enterprise 2018 server to our mix ( IIS 10 ) and are getting 404 errors on .cfr ( coldfusion report files ). I searched this community ( and google ) but could not find any answers.  Does anyone have any help here? I know that report builder is depreciated but should still run. Thanks, Dave

TOPICS
Connector , Reporting , Security , Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My first suggestion would be to simply uninstall and reinstall the connector via wsconfig. The IIS connector is pretty complicated, and it basically installs two different paths for files to execute. One doesn't specify file extensions, and the other does. I'm honestly not sure why it needs to work this way, but it's possible that one or the other of these isn't working correctly.

If that doesn't work, you'll need to look at your IIS configuration very closely, and see what's wrong with the connector. Unfortunately, I can't really give you a good approach for this in a single post, but I would look at comparing it to a working example on another machine if you have one.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dave, 

Thank you for your quick reply ! It looks like we could edit the XML as Charlie suggested below.

Again. thanks for taking the time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be willing to be the problem is that whoever installed CF took the option to do a "production" install (or "production+secure"). That then caused the next screen to turn OFF such things as CFReports (these .cfr files). And the page in the installer explains that, if you hover over each listed feature, but many just ignore it and click "next". The installer page also explains that you can go back later and re-enable such things (or disable them if you did not choose then to do so), via xml entries related to the given feature (cfr) in cfusion\wwwroot\WEB-INF\web.xml (or if you are using multiple instances of CF, in Enterprise, use the instancename instead of cfusion).

You'd need to find the couple of references to cfreport, a context-param element and a set of 3 servlet-mapping elements. Sadly, whoever at Adobe created the comments in that file used the term "cf reporting", so search for that. In your case, you want to make sure those elements are uncommented. But that file is brittle. Make one mistake and CF may not restart correctly. So before you may edit it, save a copy (it can remain in the same folder). And after changing and saving it, restart CF for that to take effect.

If you're reluctant to change it, or want direct remote help before or after, I and others offer such remote consulting via a desktop share. I keep a list of such folks at cf411.com/cftrouble.

Either way, do let us know here how it goes.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Charlie,

That is the exactly the direction we needed to take! ( it was the cfreport commented out in the xml ) Such quick answers and spot on. I do very much appreciate you taking time out to answer this. Great forum!

Thanks again, Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation