• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Grouping in Report Builder

Participant ,
Feb 26, 2007 Feb 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a report with a group header, detail band, and a group footer. How can I keep them from splitting up if they fall between pages? I want to keep all together on one page, even if it means that the page breaks before the group header. I don't want to specify starting a new page break at each group, because that would be a total waste of paper (some groups are only a few lines long). I've looked at the "split allowed" property in the group header band and have set it to false, but that doesn't seem to make any difference. Right now, if I remove all of the grouping, I will have a group header at the bottom of the page with the detail and footer on the next page and it looks dumb and is hard to read. Does anyone have a workaround or an answer to this question?
TOPICS
Reporting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this issue with CF report builder 10... anyone has a workaround solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I do is specify, in the group manager, that there must be at least twice the size of the header available, otherwise it won't start the new group on the current page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much!  Worked great. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation