• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GTM is not picking up an event tag, and can't connect to my site in debug mode.

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2023 Jun 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I recently migrated our site from the old Google Analytics to the new analytics, then begun using GTM services. For some reason the GTM cannot conenct to the site in debug mode and it's not recognising any tag in there. Nonetheless, there's a tag because it's receiving user info into the service. 

Could it be something wrong with the event called "purchase" which is triggered every time the customer places an order?

image.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you use debug mode, which options are you using? If I recall correctly, the default option is inline, and I wouldn't be surprised if that breaks some JavaScript functionality. There's another option that'll let you open a new window for debug output, and I wouldn't expect that to break your JavaScript code.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your help. Would you be able to provide me with a source or link to that other option and what is is, that won't break my JavaScript code please? Honestly I'm new to the debuging part. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Look in the CF Administrator where you enabled debugging, and you should see a select box. I don't remember the names of the options, but the default one is basically inline debugging and another option opens a separate window.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation