• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help Installing correct MySQL ODBC driver

Contributor ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been forced by my ISP to moved from an MS Access database to MySQL. The ISP ported my Access db to MySQL on their server. I've been trying to set it up for my use on localhost. I have the database created and working in MySQL Workbench. I created a MySQL ODBC dsn that tests good in Microsoft ODBC Administrator.

Initially, I renamed my Access dsn and applied the original name to the MySQL dsn. When I hit a script with a query, I got: "Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 182"

Then I thought to open CF Administrator to check the datasource there. I deleted the record for the (working) MS Access dsn and created one for MySQL. CF Admin indicates that my "data source updated successfully." I'm using the MySQL (4/5) driver. However, when I open a script with a query, I get the error in my debugger: "Could not create connection to database server. Attempted reconnect 3 times. Giving up."

Any thoughts on how I make this DSN work for my application on localhost?

Many thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 25, 2019 Apr 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had to ask the question, in hopes that I could engage someone more knowledgeable who could help me get up and running. In the meantime, I solved the problem. by removing the username and password parameters in my query scripts. I was initially confused that the script debugger was referring to a user I had not associated with the database. Then I remembered I had used that user name in my scripts.

Everything is now working fine. I hope this may help someone else who gets into a sticky wicket of authentication.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation