• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help With WHERE Clause on my Detail page..

Contributor ,
Apr 12, 2011 Apr 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the a working detail page that displays multiple Address records based on URL Parameter ID's (1825, 1824,
1823, 1822, 1821): (This is working fine)
-----------------------------------------------
http://192.168.1.77/map_sel.cfm?wkRptID=1826&wkRptID_1=1825&wkRptID_2=1824&wkRpt
ID_3=1823&wkRptID_4=1822&wkRptID_5=1821 (this is the URL to display my "selected" records from a previous main page)

- But I cannot get my mapping query (on the same detail page) to properly "Reference" those URL ID values in my WHERE statement?

- How do I fix my WHERE clause below to correctly filter by these URL ID's only?

- My current mapping query is listed below, but it only outputs the First record (or only one ID)?
-----------------------------------------------------------
<cfparam name="URL.wkRptID" default="1">
<cfquery name="rsMapCust" datasource="salesPipeline">
SELECT wkRptID, wkRptCustName, wkRptBusAdd, wkRptCustCity, wkRptBusSt,
wkRptBusZip
FROM tblWeeklyRpt
WHERE wkRptID IN (<cfqueryparam value="#URL.wkRptID#" cfsqltype="cf_sql_numeric"> )
</cfquery>

-----------------------------------------------------------

I have a Google map below the detail records on my page, and I'm trying to map just those records only.

- Here is a picture of my detail page: http://cerberus.clearwave.com/jerry/MapSelected.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to specify that the value is a 'list' in the CFQUERYPARAM:

WHERE wkRptID IN ( )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, I'm using CFMX7..

I tried the following, but it still only gives me the first record?

<cfparam name="URL.wkRptID" default="1">
<cfquery name="rsMapCust" datasource="salesPipeline">
SELECT wkRptID, wkRptCustName, wkRptBusAdd, wkRptCustCity, wkRptBusSt, wkRptBusZip
FROM tblWeeklyRpt

WHERE
wkRptID IN (
<cfqueryparam
value="#URL.wkRptID#"
cfsqltype="cf_sql_varchar"
list="true"
/>
)

</cfquery>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any specific reason that you are sending the selected values i

n the URL scope? Can not we do form a list from the

selected values and in the action page where we have the query we can write like

<cfqueryparam value="#FORM.wkRptIDList#" cfsqltype="cf_sql_numeric" list="true">

Please let me know exactly what you need to do, so that I may give you some better suggestion.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't change the "Sending Page" because it uses custom "Filtering & Sorting" to drill down to the addresses..

Once the User has "Checked" the records to be mapped, they click the Map button, and it takes them to this Detail page (with the ID's in the URL)

Now that you mention it, the Detail form does have all of the Form fields/wkRptID's (for each of the addresses) on the page.. but how would I iterate thru the form data of each record, and grab the wkRptID's and add them to the WHERE statement..?

Either way, once I have the Query correct, it is then fed to my Google Map to plot the addresses..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cfqueryparam has a list attribute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dan, I'm using the List attribute as in:

WHERE
wkRptID IN (
<cfqueryparam
value="#URL.wkRptID#"
cfsqltype="cf_sql_varchar"
list="true"
/>
)

but still only getting the first ID..?

How would i go about parsing the ID's in the URL first, then adding them to the WHERE..? (Note: the qty of ID's will vary)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only saw the first post and you did not have a list attribute.  Does the datatype in your database match what you specify in your queryparam?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an Integer in the database, I have tried numeric, varchar, integer, etc, but no change..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use integer.

When you look at your debugging info, what does it show for the value of the query param?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation