• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hindi characters are not getting properly displayed in pdf when created via cfdocument

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create pdf in Hindi language via cfdocument tag using UTF-8 type of encoding.I could see the pdf in Hindi but not all characters are displayed properly.There is a issue with glyph and ligatures. I have tried all the major fonts but the results are same.I have added the required arguments in jvm settings also I have used the <cfprocessingdirective> tag. Can anyone please guide me on this issue.

For example तिमाही is displayed as त िमाही and  द्विभाषी as दव िभाषी.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I will check this and get back to you.

Thanks,

Priyank Shrivastava

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This improper display I can see only in pdf.When I copy this text from pdf to a word document or an editor then it is properly displayed.Also the same page is perfectly displayed on any browser.And the issue lies only with character  ि  and the subjoint characters like द्वि.Else all other ligatures and glyphs are properly displayed.I have tried Arial Unicode MS, Sanskrit 2003, Devanagari, Mangal, Nakula fonts but the results are same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can anyone please guide me on this issue.Need to solve this as soon as possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation