• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I use sub reports in ColdFusion Report Builder 10

Explorer ,
Oct 14, 2015 Oct 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lets say I use the first report to create a cover page, and now I want to in to the Query Builder a sub-report.

This section will handle the next report...is that not correct?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Now you're talking about app requirements, but you haven't explained how you want to use multiple queries in a single report. I suspect that's not what you actually need.

Essentially, each report has one query. To get a parent/child relationship (think of the master/detail paradigm) you use sub-reports. A sub-report is a fully fledged report in its own right, but its purpose is to be embedded within another report. The sub-report's query is usually constrained by values passed to it from the pare

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Oct 15, 2015 Oct 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're missing some words in your post, but I'm guessing you're asking about where to place the sub-report in a parent report.

You can place a sub-report in any band of a parent report. If you place the sub-report in a header or footer band then the sub-report will only be run when the header or footer appears in the final report. For example, if the parent report is the main report and you place sub-report in the report header band, then the sub-report will only ever be run once. If you place the sub-report in the page header band then the sub-report will run once for every page.

If you place the sub-report in the detail band of the parent report then the sub-report will be run once for every row in the parent report's result set.

If all you want to do is create a cover-page for the report, use the report header band and make it the same size as (or close to) the report's page size. That way, the rest of the report will follow on subsequent pages. This avoids having to use a sub-report.

Cheers

Eddie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Eddie thank you for filling in my request even though I wasn't clear.

Yes I want the first page as a cover/title page, and all the rest of the pages to contain the reports and graphs.

Is it possible to have nine (9) different queries in the .cfr file?

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible, but it begs the question: What do you want to do with those nine queries?

Cheers

Eddie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2015 Oct 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The app has to find accounts and properties, plus the user can add and delete Required Fields based on US Forestry Documents and regulations (EPA).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now you're talking about app requirements, but you haven't explained how you want to use multiple queries in a single report. I suspect that's not what you actually need.

Essentially, each report has one query. To get a parent/child relationship (think of the master/detail paradigm) you use sub-reports. A sub-report is a fully fledged report in its own right, but its purpose is to be embedded within another report. The sub-report's query is usually constrained by values passed to it from the parent report using report parameters.

See Using Subreports in the documentation for more details.

Cheers

Eddie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation