Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to dynamically generate textbox and update datbase

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2009 Jul 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am creating a from which has steps number of steps varry from process to process, so what I am thinking is to display one text box intially and to display another text box and hide first text box when user click next text button, Is there a way to do this ,,,,

thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 01, 2009 Aug 01, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using CF7 or later, you can use Rich Internet Application forms (aka Flash Forms) which gives a number of options as far as "tabbed" forms go.

If you're using CF6 or earlier, or you don't want to mess with Flash Forms, it _can_ be done using JavaScript, but it's a royal hemhorroid to work with.

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 02, 2009 Aug 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would do it using the tabs from jQuery UI, each tab being a step,

initially only the first tab/step is enabled, when the user clicks on

Next the next tab gets enabled, etc

Mack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2009 Aug 02, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can easily hide or display the textboxes sequentially using Javascript. I have uploaded an example for you.

I have just rolled this one out as a starter. You could of course make the script tighter and  more dynamic, for example, by introducing a textbox index i. I leave that up to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation