• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get the ColdFusion log form the Azure Container Instance?

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Azure Container Instance service and deployed the Docker service there. Now ColdFusion server is running on the Docker service. Now I want the ColdFusion log through the Docker and Container Instance.

Currently, I mapped between Azure Container Instance and Log Analytics workspace. And I got the Container Instance log. But I can't see the Docker or ColdFusion log.

Can anyone help me to get the ColdFusion log using the Azure Container Instance and Docker? Please give me the same example or any documentation.
let me know if you want more information.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Arun, there may be no simple answer here...or rather, there are different ones.

The bottom line is that in any use of the cf docker images (whether from ACI or otherwise), one will find that the cf logs are not exposed via "docker logs", "kubectl logs", etc. Those only expose the stdout stream, which is also what's in the coldfusion-out.log. But all the other logs in the cf logs folder are NOT exposed that way. 

And this is not unique to cf. Many apps when deployed as containers will not expose their logs inherently... and one reason is when, as in this case, it's not simply "one log" but many. And so a logging solution really needs to be prepared to accommodate that. 

So if one really WANTED to get access to such files in a logs folder, they could do it many ways, such as exposing them as a volume from within the container (an approach whose reliability depends to a degree on the platform).

Or some people setup symlinks in their dockerfile to route some log to stdout. 

Another approach is to use a sidecar container, which has access to the logs folder for the container in question, and that could then push the logs to a logging platform. 

As you can see, these are not unique to cf nor specific to it. And they vary depending on one's platform, as well as whether deploying to kubernetes. 

If you search for the generic topic of exposing log files from containers, you'll find many discussions and examples, any of which may suit your needs best. 

And of course, look to how ACI may provide specifically some solution..but that solution will know nothing of cf, so be prepared to work from examples that may be for any language/framework. 

Hope that helps, at least to give broad strokes. I saw this while on my phone and wanted to at least give you something to chew on. Perhaps someone will help with more specific examples.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation