• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't download ColdFusion 2021 developer edition

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been trying for 2 days but it never downloads.

I contacted support who advised me to call on Monday. I have 4 enterprise licenses for 2018 (under my business, not personal account) and I'm trying to do my due dilligence in justifying the upgrade in the face of cloud / IaC pressures so I need to know the upgrade path for POC, licensing, etc..

But I can't download 2021 developer edition. I'm left with a phone number, a case number, and an open-ended task on Monday to so what anyone should be able to do - download a trial (developer) edition.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

First, you're not alone in suffering challenges in getting the developer edition. Others have found that after filling out the form, the download doesn't happen. Sucks, yes. 

Bu there's a solution that's worked for most. See a post I did:

https://coldfusion.adobe.com/2021/07/try-adobe-site-downloads-form-submissions-fail-work-properly/

Second, better still, Adobe now offers the full installers at the bottom of that page for signing up, right below the form. I'm working on a post about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, you're not alone in suffering challenges in getting the developer edition. Others have found that after filling out the form, the download doesn't happen. Sucks, yes. 

Bu there's a solution that's worked for most. See a post I did:

https://coldfusion.adobe.com/2021/07/try-adobe-site-downloads-form-submissions-fail-work-properly/

Second, better still, Adobe now offers the full installers at the bottom of that page for signing up, right below the form. I'm working on a post about that. (Yes, that should be offered also on the page when one DOES try to register. And it should offer the zip installers as well. I've complained of that to Adobe.) 

Third and finally, if you've paid for those licenses, then you could get the downloads via licensing.adobe.com, using an account you'd have been given.

Let us know if one of those help.

It is of course sad, even tragic--and infuriating, to hear people have reached out to Adobe support and not been offered this same info. But you're talking there to low-level phone/online support folks who barely know how to spell CF. That's Adobe support rather than the CF team, I'd think. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Charlie!

Incognito worked, it seems - not sure why this issue exists, I'm a 15+ year
proponent.

I appreciate the workaround.

Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2021 Aug 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to have helped. (You could help future readers by marking mine as the answer.) 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation