Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.


Install Error

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2008 Oct 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows Business Vista Sp1 - get this right after I click OK on the install splash screen, any ideas?...thanks

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Could not get shell folder ID list
at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolderManager2$ComInvoker.invoke(Win32ShellFolderManager2.java:506)
at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2.getFileSystemPath(Win32ShellFolder2.java:561)
at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolderManager2.getPersonal(Win32ShellFolderManager2.java:137)
at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2$10.call(Win32ShellFolder2.java:656)
at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2$10.call(Win32ShellFolder2.java:643)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)
at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolderManager2$ComInvoker$3.run(Win32ShellFolderManager2.java:458)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Could not get shell folder ID list
at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2.getFileSystemPath0(Native Method)
at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2.access$900(Win32ShellFolder2.java:55)
at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2$8.call(Win32ShellFolder2.java:563)
at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2$8.call(Win32ShellFolder2.java:561)
at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolderManager2$ComInvoker.invoke(Win32ShellFolderManager2.java:491)
... 10 more
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

1.7K

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2008 Oct 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.fordwebs.com/iis7testing.cfm

--
Ken Ford
Adobe Community Expert Dreamweaver/ColdFusion
Adobe Certified Expert - Dreamweaver CS3
Adobe Certified Expert - ColdFusion 8
Fordwebs, LLC
http://www.fordwebs.com


"Matthew" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
news:gc053j$mi2$1@forums.macromedia.com...
> Windows Business Vista Sp1 - get his right after the splash screen, any
> ideas?...thanks
>
> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.IOException: Could not get shell
> folder ID
> list
> at
> sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolderManager2$ComInvoker.invoke(Win32ShellFolderManager
> 2.java:506)
> at
> sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2.getFileSystemPath(Win32ShellFolder2.java:561)
> at
> sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolderManager2.getPersonal(Win32ShellFolderManager2.java
> :137)
> at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2$10.call(Win32ShellFolder2.java:656)
> at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2$10.call(Win32ShellFolder2.java:643)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
> at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:8
> 85)
> at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:907)
> at
> sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolderManager2$ComInvoker$3.run(Win32ShellFolderManager2
> .java:458)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
> Caused by: java.io.IOException: Could not get shell folder ID list
> at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2.getFileSystemPath0(Native Method)
> at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2.access$900(Win32ShellFolder2.java:55)
> at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2$8.call(Win32ShellFolder2.java:563)
> at sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolder2$8.call(Win32ShellFolder2.java:561)
> at
> sun.awt.shell.Win32ShellFolderManager2$ComInvoker.invoke(Win32ShellFolderManager
> 2.java:491)
> ... 10 more
>

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 14, 2009 Feb 14, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Matthew,

This error message may indicate that 1+ of your Windows Explorer Shell Folder paths cannot be resolved.

Please check the registry keys in this location, for paths that point to invalid or disconnected locations:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

Example scenario: This can occur if 1+ of your Windows Explorer Shell Folders (such as Personal [aka My Documents] or My Pictures) points to a location on a remote/network computer, and that location is unreachable.

HTH,
-Aaron Neff

P.S. Bug will be filed

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines