• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it a requirement to provide an email and password in Coldfusion Administrator in order to send emails using cfmail?

New Here ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I've been developing a coldfusion page that will email a student and faculty member when a form is requested. I had to provide an email and password in the local Coldfusion Administrator page in order for it to email. I am now attempting to run these pages on a remote server and have been told that I do not need to provide email credentials on the remote Coldfusion Administrator page, that only the mail server is required. However I am not having luck and think that I was incorrectly informed about this. Can anyone confirm/deny?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2018 May 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is entirely dependent upon the mail server configuration. Some mail servers require authentication to send mail, others do not. You can test this easily enough from a command prompt using telnet. Note that modern Windows servers don't have telnet preinstalled any more, so you'd have to install that Windows component itself.

Dave Watts, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation