• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Issues updating Coldfusion 2018

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed Coldfusion 2018 standard on a new Windows Server 2016 VM.  The installer I used has Update 2 pre-installed, and I'm trying to upgrade to Update 7.  From what the documentation states, I need to apply Update 4, and then 5,6,7 separately.  However, I'm having 2 issues:

One: the interface in CFAdmin doesn't actually have the download links available for anything (it appears to be hidden in an accordian box).  Since I'm running this on a server, I don't really want to install other browsers to find one which renders this correctly.

Two: after giving up on installing via the admin console, when I try to download apply Update 4 manually via the jar file, it fails with a message saying "some errors occurred during the install".  It points me to an installation log that doesn't seem to indicate any errors.  I also tried to manually install Update 3 with the same results.

Any direction would be appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, the problem is not about your browser. It would happen with any, and it's fixed (they say) in update 7. Until then, here's the simple trick: click in the body of that discusion of update 4, and then hit the tab key twice. Now you will see the buttons.

You will need to do it again for update 7, but hopefully never again. 🙂

As for the errors during your manual install, well, the challenge in finding the errors is understandable. I have blogged on how to find them (if there).  More important, I cover how to resolve them (whether any you see are clear or not). See my post here:
https://coldfusion.adobe.com/2019/03/problems-applying-cf-update-check-first/

And if anything, running the installer manually is usually MORE likely to work, so I suspect you're going to find that either something else was still running (related to CF) that had a lock on its files, or it could be a permissions issue. Did you run that command-line installer "as admin"? Anyway, see my post for more.

Note that after doing that, one would normally want to update the web server connector (for any connector in place between IIS/Apache and CF), but since you are just installing CF for the first time, you won't have any. Still, for future reference, I have a post with more on that:

https://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2019/11/13/when_how_update_cf_web_connector

But you should also update the JVM that CF uses. You will find that it's set to use Java 11.0.1, which is now 5 updates behind. You would want to get to 11.0.6. I have been meaning to do a blog post on that. I instead have a post that focuses on solving problems that can happen when one tries to update the JVM:

https://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2014/12/11/help_I_updated_CFs_JVM_and_it_wont_start

But note that later in the post I do point to others who HAVE blogged (more briefly) about how to update the JVM.

Finally, while all these posts (especially the first) should get you going, they also all have info on how I can help directly (remotely) if you'd like, where we would get both updates in place and the JVM update all done within about 15 mins, safely and easily reverted, if that may interest you. Otherwise, let us know how it goes.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation