Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Learning ColdFusion 2016

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm a beginner developer.  I've been playing with PHP for years, but never really advanced my skills beyond the basics I needed.

I've found myself in a position where I now need to write three relatively basic apps in the next month or so:

1. Quote and invoice system.

2. Inventory database.

3. Project document viewer with signature capture on mobile devices.

Using off the shelf products isn't possible, so at the moment I'm looking at writing these in PHP, learning what I need to as I go along and using existing scripts I've found via Google.  However, this could be a lengthy task in each of the above cases.  Instead, I'm wondering whether it would be worth investing some time upfront to learn ColdFusion, so that the development process itself is much quicker and potentially easier.

Does anybody have any opinions on this please?  For/against PHP or ColdFusion?

If you believe CF is the way forward, what are the best resources for a beginner learning CF 2016?

Any help is much appreciated !

Andy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 01, 2016 Jun 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will probably want to start with Learn CF in a Week  .  That would probably be your best place to get started.

HTH,

--Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation