Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LOG FILES PAGE IN COLDFUSION ADMINISTRATOR

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We recently learned from ColdFusion 2018, Update 15 that log files page on ColdFusion Administrator has been modified to remove the buttons to View, Download, and Delete a log files. And, log files are no longer clickable. 

Could you someone please provide any information that you may have on why it was modified and what alternatives we have to view the log files through administrator? 

Thanks in advance!!

-RP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Good news/bad news: While I can't offer WHY it was removed (other than seeming security concerns, which I have not found documented anywhere), I CAN offer you an alternative.

See a blog post I've just offered that helps recover the "old" logviewing feature (removed in these Oct 2022 updates to CF2021 and 2018). I explain how doing this is at your own risk, as Adobe clearly had their reasons to remove the feature. Note that I conclude with some other "alternatives" that some may consider, for b

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news/bad news: While I can't offer WHY it was removed (other than seeming security concerns, which I have not found documented anywhere), I CAN offer you an alternative.

See a blog post I've just offered that helps recover the "old" logviewing feature (removed in these Oct 2022 updates to CF2021 and 2018). I explain how doing this is at your own risk, as Adobe clearly had their reasons to remove the feature. Note that I conclude with some other "alternatives" that some may consider, for better or worse.

I also conclude there how I have some trepidation about offering the means to recover that logviewer, but since so many folks are indeed asking for it, I thought it worth offering, with suitable warnings/caveats.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Charlie for your quick response, we are able to restore the functionality of LogViewer with the guidlines you provided in this artcicle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to hear and glad to help.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I saw a post on Ben Nadel's blog about parsing csv files with delimiters in the quoted text.  I used this to make my own log viewer in Coldfusion -- outside of the administrator panel.  I was squeamish about changing the setting there, so just worked around it  

Linda Burnside

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation