• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Losing cftoken between application.cfm and template being called

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2016 Jun 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm migrating a site from CF8 to CF2016 and when I cfdump the cookie scope in my application.cfm file, I see the cfid and cftoken values passed from the browser, however when I move that cfdump to the template being called i.e. default.cfm, the cfid is there but the cftoken had disappeared completely. Anyone know why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, let me be the first to offer my condolences for attempting an upgrade from CF8 all the way to CF12 (2016).  It would be bad enough to try to make the jump from CF8 to CF10, but you're really shooting for the moon on this one.  I cannot even imagine all of the issues you're going to face on this endeavour.

There has to be something erasing the value, somewhere.  Is CFTOKEN defined within the CFDUMP (does it exist, but it's blank?)  Or is it not even listed?  It could be an include, somewhere.

I once worked on a project where every page load/refresh would assign a new/different CFTOKEN, so they never could get anything to work properly.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, cftoken no longer exists in the cookie cfdump from any page in the site, even though it exists and has a value when I do the same cfdump from application.cfm. I wonder if moving from application.cfm to an application.cfc would help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the second update for cf2016 and it appears to have fixed the problem, we'll see if it lasts or if it was just the restart that temporarily fixed the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Best of luck.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the second update fixed it.

I currently have zero desire to use CF2016 - don't remember why, there was a very specific reason I am avoiding it - but I do know what it's like to make a huge switch and things not quite work out.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation