• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My cfpop page is no longer working since yesterday?

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2016 Aug 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the following page (below) that has worked fine for years, but since yesterday it is erroring out:

- I have uninstalled any Windows Server 2008 updates, no change.

- I'm running ColdFusion 9,0,1,274733  Standard

- I'm open to other ideas to grab the xml attachment from an email (Exchange server) and save it to a folder on the server?

Here is the error:

500 - Internal server error.

There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error.
Please contact the website administrator.

The following information is meant for the website developer for debugging purposes.
Error Occurred While Processing Request

An exception occurred when setting up mail server parameters.

This exception was caused by: javax.mail.MessagingException: Connect failed; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect.

Here is my page code:

----------------------------

<!--- Call cfpop to get any new JULIE emails, save the XML attachments to file folder on the server --->

<cfscript>

filepath = "C:\locates\xmlLocateAttachments";

eserver = "x.x.x.x";

euser = "username";

epass = "password";

</cfscript>

<cfpop

action="getAll"

attachmentPath="#filepath#"

server="#eserver#"

username="#euser#"

password="#epass#"

name="qryMail"

generateUniqueFilenames ="Yes"

/>

<!--- Call cfpop and delete the emails from the server since they have now been saved to file --->

<cfpop

action="delete"

server="#eserver#"

username="#euser#"

password="#epass#"

/>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Aug 12, 2016 Aug 12, 2016

The reason is in the error: Connection Refused.

This wont be to do with you code. The Exchange server is blocking your access. POP is different to OWA, you can enable and disable the individually. POP may have been disabled or changed on the exchange server. It could even be blocking the IP address / range you connect from.

You will need to find out what has changed on the exchange server as this will be the reason why its not working. If you code has not changed then it wont be causing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Verify whether the Exchange server is up and running.

Check by other means whether your login credentials are still valid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exchange is up and fine. I can log into this account via OWA and get in fine. The CF log files say:

Date   Time  Severity   ThreadID  Application Name  
Aug 11, 2016    11:30 AM    Error    jrpp-4    7A0B43BAAE7814BE4D66A08D0770F16B   
An exception occurred when setting up mail server parameters.This exception was caused by: javax.mail.MessagingException: Connect failed; nested exception is: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect. The specific sequence of files included or processed is: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\CRM\LOC\saveXMLattachment.cfm, line: 19

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 12, 2016 Aug 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason is in the error: Connection Refused.

This wont be to do with you code. The Exchange server is blocking your access. POP is different to OWA, you can enable and disable the individually. POP may have been disabled or changed on the exchange server. It could even be blocking the IP address / range you connect from.

You will need to find out what has changed on the exchange server as this will be the reason why its not working. If you code has not changed then it wont be causing the issue. If a config has changed on the server then you will need to find out what so you can adjust your code if possible (i.e. different port)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2016 Aug 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jlig007​

To get more ideas what might have gone wrong, search java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused on the web.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 13, 2016 Aug 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to BKBK and haxtbh, the issue is resolved!
I cannot believe that the issue was the "pop3 service" was not running on the Exchange Server?

- I had rebooted the Exchange Server first thing and assumed that would make sure all services were up & running.

- For some reason the pop3 service did not start back up this time?

- I restarted it and all started working fine.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. Appreciate this forum & those who reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2016 Aug 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jlig007, thank you, too, for sharing that with us. Please mark it as the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be blind. but I cannot find a way to mark the correct answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What about your answer of

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation