• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need an SSL/TLS-enabled Socket Gateway

Participant ,
May 10, 2024 May 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been using a slightly modified version of the SocketGateway (examples.socket.SocketGateway) for over 15 years (modified just to comment out the "welcome" message) with great success.  Our legacy ERP system has several processes that communication on TCP/IP sockets and we've been able to streamline multiple integrations by letting it talk to my ColdFusion sockets and using CF code to connect to partner APIs.

The new version of the ERP system has changed one of those socket processes to communicate over TLS and my CF socket can no longer understand what it's sending.  Strangely, the process still CONNECTS, but what I would typically receive as a single "message" with an EOF character is now broken up into multiple messages and gets logged as gibberish (the usual sort of binary characters you see from encrypted data).  I'm trying to figure out what changes would be needed to allow this connection to work properly.  I've started down the road of trying to modify the SocketGateway.java file to use javax.net.ssl and create an SSL socket, but I'm barely competent in Java and the few examples I found don't seem to be doing the trick.

It's a longshot, but has anyone else out there worked much with the SocketGateway functionality in CF over the last 10 years and run into this?  To be clear, I'm NOT talking about WebSockets (which is mostly what comes up when I try to research this).  Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Event gateways

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a suggestion: get the big guns to solve the problem for you. For free! 😉

Make a ColdFusion Feature Request. I can imagine the SSL Socket Gateway Service being a useful addition to ColdFusion.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's another suggestion, which is implicitly included in my earlier suggestion: request help from Adobe's ColdFusion team. Send them an e-mail: cfsup[at]adobe.com. Your message may contain, for example, the content of your above post. They might have similar Java code in the works. Or they might just be willing to help you develop your code further. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation